The back of the PCB heats up to 88 C, which is not really that surprising considering this is a 250W TDP card. I wouldn’t touch it though.
|41.7 C||24.4 C||30.9 C||70.1 C||28.3 C||40.7 C|
|50.6 C||35.5 C||45.5 C||88.4 C||28.3 C||64.8 C|
|46.8 C||26.1 C||33.9 C||76.0 C||28.6 C||44.6 C|
The only way to keep this card below 70C under load is by setting 100% fan speed, but since that’s more than 2400 RPM, it is simply not recommended unless you don’t mind a small jet engine in your case.
Even our custom fan profile wasn’t enough to keep this card from reaching 70C. It only gave us a 1C drop.
It takes around 40 seconds for ARMOR 2X cooler to reach idle temperature. Then the fan stops and the temperature rises again.
- Table of Contents
- Page 1 - Overview MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR OC
- Page 2 - A closer look MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR OC
- Page 3 - Testing platform & methodology
- Page 4 - GAME Battlefield 1
- Page 5 - GAME Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Page 6 - GAME The Division
- Page 7 - GAME Doom
- Page 8 - GAME HITMAN
- Page 9 - GAME Metro: Last Light
- Page 10 - GAME Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Page 11 - GAME Sniper Elite 4
- Page 12 - GAME The Witcher 3
- Page 13 - OVERCLOCKING MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR OC
- Page 14 - BENCHMARKS 3DMark Fire Strike ● Time Spy ● VRMark ● Unigine Superposition
- Page 15 - THERMAL EXAMINATION GPU Temperature ● FLIR Photos
- Page 16 - STABILITY Core Clock ● GPU Usage ● Memory Usage ● Power Consumption
- Page 17 - Conclusion