MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR OC
The MSI ARMOR is currently the cheapest dual-fan GTX 1080 Ti solution from MSI. In this review, we are going to focus on the differences between GAMING and ARMOR series.
Unlike GAMING series, ARMOR cards are thinner. These cards will easily fit into dual-slot configurations, an important aspect for SLI. The heat dissipating area of ARMOR 2X cooler is roughly 2 times smaller than Twin Frozr VI series. This has a direct effect on cooling efficiency, fan profiles, generated noise and of course, GPU temperature.
The ARMOR 2X thermal design features the exact same TORX fans as Twin Frozr VI cooler, however as proven later in this review those fans spin faster. To improve the lifespan and overall experience MSI decided to enable Zero Frozr technology on this model. It means that the fans will not spin unless it’s really necessary.
Probably the best part of ARMOR series is that they use the exact same board design as GAMING. This gave more space for much wider cooler and larger fans.
The ARMOR GTX 1080 Ti has GP102-350 graphics processor featuring 3584 CUDA Cores. The card is equipped with 11 GB of GDDR5X memory across a 352-bit interface, which in correlation with 11 Gbps modules gives a maximum theoretical bandwidth of 428 GB/s.
|AT A GLANCE|
11GB GD5X 352b
1531 / 1645 MHz
Compared to Founders Edition we are looking at 50 MHz higher base clock and 60 MHz higher boost clock.
|MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR OC Specifications|
|VideoCardz.com||GeForce GTX 1080
|MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
|GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
|Fabrication Process||16nm FinFET||16nm FinFET||16nm FinFET|
|Base Clock||1607 MHz||1531 MHz||1480 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1733 MHz||1645 MHz||1584 MHz|
|Eff. Mem. Clock||10008 MHz||11008 MHz||11008 MHz|
|Memory||8GB GDDR5X||11GB GDDR5X||11GB GDDR5X|
|Power Connector||1x 8-pin||2x 8-pin||1x 6-pin, 1x 8-pin|
- Table of Contents
- Page 1 - Overview MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR OC
- Page 2 - A closer look MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR OC
- Page 3 - Testing platform & methodology
- Page 4 - GAME Battlefield 1
- Page 5 - GAME Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Page 6 - GAME The Division
- Page 7 - GAME Doom
- Page 8 - GAME HITMAN
- Page 9 - GAME Metro: Last Light
- Page 10 - GAME Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Page 11 - GAME Sniper Elite 4
- Page 12 - GAME The Witcher 3
- Page 13 - OVERCLOCKING MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR OC
- Page 14 - BENCHMARKS 3DMark Fire Strike ● Time Spy ● VRMark ● Unigine Superposition
- Page 15 - THERMAL EXAMINATION GPU Temperature ● FLIR Photos
- Page 16 - STABILITY Core Clock ● GPU Usage ● Memory Usage ● Power Consumption
- Page 17 - Conclusion