The most important change for GTX 1080 11 Gbps is the memory. This sample has memory manufactured by Micron. Micron database only lists one memory type rated at 11 Gbps and that’s MT58K256M321JA-110.
MSI’s premium thermal compound is more liquid than what I use to see on other samples. I do think that there is little too much paste being used, which shouldn’t really affect temperature, but it’s much harder to remove.
The GAMING X Plus also has the exact same PCB as GAMING X with 10-phase design powered through 6+8-pin power connectors:
GPU Caps Viewer
This sample has 220W power limit with a maximum at 250W.
Power Draw : 16.37 W Power Limit : 248.60 W Default Power Limit : 220.00 W Enforced Power Limit : 248.60 W Min Power Limit : 90.00 W Max Power Limit : 250.00 W
The card is bundled with quick start guide, a manual and CD with drivers.
- Table of Contents
- Page 1 - Overview MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X Plus
- Page 2 - A closer look MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X Plus
- Page 3 - Testing platform & methodology
- Page 4 - DirectX 12 Battlefield 1
- Page 5 - DirectX 12 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Page 6 - DirectX 12 The Division
- Page 7 - Vulkan Doom
- Page 8 - DirectX 11 Ghost Recon: Wildlands
- Page 9 - DirectX 12 HITMAN
- Page 10 - DirectX 11 Metro: Last Light
- Page 11 - DirectX 11 Rainbow Six: Siege
- Page 12 - DirectX 12 Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Page 13 - DirectX 12 Sniper Elite 4
- Page 14 - DirectX 11 The Witcher 3
- Page 15 - Overclocking & Memory Speed & Multi-GPU (SLI)
- Page 16 - STABILITY GPU Temperature ● Core Clock ● GPU Usage ● Memory Usage ● 3DMark
- Page 17 - Conclusion