Our testing platform:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Processor (@ 4.5 GHz)
- Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z77
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL10
- SSD: Samsung EVO 250
- PSU: OCZ ZX-Series 850W SLI
- Display: Yamakasi Catleap Q270 LED
- OS: Windows 8.1 PRO
- HIS Radeon R9 280 IceQ X² OC (Catalyst 14.9.1)
- HIS Radeon R9 285 IceQ X² OC (Catalyst 14.9.1)
- HIS Radeon R9 280X iPower IceQ X² Turbo (Catalyst 14.9.1)
- HIS Radeon R9 290X iPower IceQ X² Turbo (Catalyst 14.9.1)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX (GeForce 344.11)
- Palit GeForce GTX 770 JetStream (GeForce 344.11)
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC (GeForce 344.11)
We will be comparing both DirectX11 and Mantle (if possible). In most games we use maximum quality presets. Technologies specifically designed by either NVIDIA or AMD were disabled, that includes PhysX and TressFX.
Most games are tested using internal benchmarks. For games like Battlefield 4 or Watch Dogs we developed our own test runs that can be easily repeated.
The final results are averaged from three runs, which are always initiated by a cold run (which is particularly important for Alien: Isolation).