Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC Specifications
GeForce GTX 780 Ti is a fully-enabled GK110 die with 2880 CUDA cores. This model took the performance crown from AMD 290X back in November 2013. Due to higher clocks, it’s even faster than TITAN BLACK. However NVIDIA never gave a green light for 6GB 780 Ti cards, so both solutions still coexist on the market.
Gigabyte’s WindForce cooler delivers substantial headroom for overclocking, and on top of that, it’s very quiet, although not as quiet as GTX 670 WindForce 3x I used to own.
The cooler is with no doubt better built than the previous plastic variant, but it also increased the weight to more than 1 kg.
Kepler overclocking is all about temperature, once the card reaches thermal limitation it will keep decreasing until the clock and temperature target reaches the sweet spot. Gigabyte had enough faith in their solution that they increased the clocks to 1020/1085 MHz. We are looking at 17% increase over reference design (876/928 MHz), and that’s not the last word.
|NVIDIA GeForce 700 Series|
|EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX||Palit GeForce GTX 770 JetStream||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780||Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC|
|Base Clock||1072 MHz||1150 MHz||863 MHz||1020 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1137 MHz||1202 MHz||902 MHz||1085 MHz|
|Memory Clock||1502 MHz||1753 MHz||1502 MHz||1750 MHz|
|Memory||2GB GDDR5||2GB GDDR5||3GB GDDR5||3GB GDDR5|
|Bandwidth||192 GB/s||224 GB/s||288 GB/s||336 GB/s|
|Power Connectors||8pin + 6pin||8pin + 6pin||8pin + 6pin||8pin + 8pin|
A closer look at Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC
Gigabyte’s WindForce 3X 450W cooling solution has three 80mm fans, four 6mm copper heat pipes and 8mm copper heat pipes. You can find the same cooling solution in Radeon R9 290X WindForce OC and GTX 780 (TI) GHz Edition.
What’s funny is that, when I bought this card I didn’t even know it had the same PCB as the more expensive GHz Edition. All review samples were using reference PCB, while retail version came with much more powerful board. That said, the first thing I did was cooler removal, just to be sure. I bought this card shortly after the launch, so for the price of reference card I received fully-custom model. Needless to say, it was good purchase.
- Width: 129 mm
- Length: 292 mm
- Height: 2-slot
- Weight: 1028 g
- Cooling: WindForce 3X 450W (triple-fan)
- Display outputs: DVI-D, DVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC packaging
- Table of Contents
- Page 1 - Introduction
- Page 2 - Overview HIS Radeon R9 285 IceQ X² OC
- Page 3 - Overview HIS Radeon R9 280 IceQ X² OC
- Page 4 - Overview HIS Radeon R9 280X iPower IceQ X² Turbo
- Page 5 - Overview HIS Radeon R9 290X iPower IceQ X² Turbo
- Page 6 - Overview EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX
- Page 7 - Overview Palit GeForce GTX 770 JetStream
- Page 8 - Overview Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC
- Page 9 - Testing platform and methodology
- Page 10 - Games Batman: Arkham Origins ● BioShock Infinite ● Total War: Rome 2 ● Alien:Isolation
- Page 11 - Games Company of Heroes 2 ● GRID Autosport ● Hitman Absolution ● Watch Dogs
- Page 12 - Games Metro: Last Light ● Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor ● Tomb Raider
- Page 13 - Games Battlefield 4 ● THIEF ● Sniper Elite III
- Page 14 - Test 3DMark Fire Strike ● Catzilla ● CompuBench
- Page 15 - Test ComputeMark ● TessMark ● Luxxmark
- Page 16 - Test Power consumption ● Temperature
- Page 17 - Test Overclocking
- Page 18 - Conclusion