« press release »
MSI TPM 2.0 Ready Motherboard List
One of the system requirements for Windows 11 is TPM 2.0. Many might have the question: does my PC supports TPM 2.0?
TPM 2.0 related technology is implemented in Intel 100 series Chipset and newer, and AMD Ryzen processors. Therefore, no external TPM module is necessary for those TPM 2.0 ready motherboards since the chipsets and processors have built-in firmware TPM (fTPM). All you need to do is enable “Security Device Support” in BIOS.
Here is the list of MSI motherboards with TPM 2.0 support. This table shows the chipsets and MSI motherboard series that support TPM 2.0.
|500 Series||Z590 / B560 / H510||10th / 11th Gen|
|400 Series||Z490 / B460 / H410||10th / 11th Gen|
|300 Series||Z390 / Z370 / B365 / B360 / H370 / H310||8th / 9th Gen|
|200 Series||Z270 / B250 / H270||6th / 7th Gen**|
|100 Series||Z170 / B150 / H170 / H110||6th / 7th Gen**|
|500 Series||X570 / B550 / A520|
|400 Series||X470 / B450|
|300 Series||X370 / B350 / A320*|
|TR4 Series||TRX40 / X399*|
How to Enable TPM in MSI BIOS
Go to BIOS and enable this item “Security Device Support” to enable TPM 2.0.
- Click BIOS 5 – you can find “Security Device Support” in “SettingsSecurityTrusted Computing”.
- Click BIOS (or GSE Lite) – “Security Device Support” can be found in “SecurityTrusted Computing”
MSI Intel 500 Series
MSI Intel 400 Series
MSI Intel 300 Series
MSI Intel 200 Series
MSI Intel 100 Series
MSI AMD 500 Series
MSI AMD 400 Series
MSI AMD 300 Series
MSI Threadripper Series
- This is NOT a Windows 11 compatible motherboard list, it simply means the motherboard BIOS supports TPM 2.0.
- Visit Intel for more information about TPM 2.0 support for Intel chipsets.
- Intel 6th/7th Gen and X-Series 9000/78xx processors are not on the list of Windows 11 compatible processors, as of 2021/07/01.
- Ryzen 1000 series and Ryzen Threadripper 1000 series (Zen1) processors are not on the list of Windows 11 compatible processors, as of 2021/07/01. Visit Microsoft for more Windows 11 information.
« end of the press release »