« press release »
WITH UPCOMING AMD PROCESSORS, AND COMBO PI BIOS IS COMING ON MSI AM4 300-, 400- AND 500-SERIES MOTHERBOARDS
Since AMD releases their new Ryzen 9 3900XT, Ryzen 7 3800XT and Ryzen 5 3600XT Processors today, MSI also made great efforts to offer optimized BIOS updates for 300-, 400-, and 500-series motherboards. The latest AMD Combo PI V1 version 188.8.131.52 BIOS for 300- and 400-series motherboards will be ready for users to download and update in the end of June. Regarding 500-series motherboards, Combo PI V2 version 184.108.40.206 BIOS will be released in the beginning of July. The updated BIOS updates are mainly optimized for the new Ryzen CPUs. Besides, there are several key points for the BIOS improvements.
- Support discrete graphics card identification, allowing users to successfully enter OS with AM4 CPU (w/o integrated graphics) and without graphics card installed.
- Solve compatibility issues for graphics card and USB sound card.
- Optimize A-XMP memory functions
- Optimize BIOS function – Memory Try It!
- Optimize FCH BCLK-related functions
If you are a BIOS newbie, you can check the step-by-step tutorial video shown below:
Wish you all enjoy new the BIOS with us.
« end of the press release »