« press release »
Intel Introduces vPro Platform for Revolutionary Business Performance
Intel introduces vPro platform with 12th Gen Intel Core processors for revolutionary business performance.
What’s New: Today, Intel announced the latest Intel vPro platform, powered by 12th Gen Intel® Core™ – which delivers the world’s best processors for business productivity1. Built for business, the Intel vPro platform with 12th Gen Intel Core processors provides leading productivity and the highest performance and most comprehensive platform security for all businesses2.
“The next gen of the Intel vPro platform was designed to deliver even greater security, performance and manageability for all businesses. And, with the introduction of 12th Gen Intel Core processors, we are reimagining the way people work with our performance hybrid architecture for business, productivity and multitasking.”
–Stephanie Hallford, Intel vice president and general manager of Business Client Platforms
How It Works: With over 15 years of innovation, Intel vPro delivers a complete platform portfolio to meet the technology demands and computing options to empower businesses of all sizes.
- Intel vPro® Enterprise for Windows is the full-featured commercial platform focused on large enterprises and managed businesses. It features a comprehensive set of technologies to help businesses stay ahead of security threats.
- Intel vPro® Essentials extends security and device management capabilities previously targeting large enterprise to the small and medium-size business segment. Intel vPro Essentials also incorporates Intel® Hardware Shield to help protect platforms based on the Windows operating system.
- Intel vPro® Enterprise for Chrome creates a new class of Chromebooks for business environments with the performance, stability and security technologies that businesses require. This new platform further enables decision-makers to match the right device to the right user.
- Intel vPro®, An Evo™ Design devices meet both the Intel vPro and Intel Evo design criteria – notebooks that bring compelling user experiences to mobile business environments.
Why It Matters: Intel vPro takes a revolutionary leap forward in real-world business performance with 12th Gen Intel Core processors. Based on the Intel 7 process, the new Intel vPro platform with 12th Gen Intel Core processors offer:
- Intelligent design pairs Efficient-cores (E-cores) and Performance-cores (P-cores), allowing users to freely multitask and collaborate while trusting their PC to handle both user and IT applications.
- 12th Gen Intel mobile processors deliver the best performance for business productivity3 with up to 27% faster mainstream application performance compared with the previous generation4, and offer up to 41% faster mainstream application performance compared with the competition, based on CrossMark scores4.
- 12th Gen Intel desktop processors deliver the best performance for business productivity5 with up to 21% faster mainstream application performance compared with the previous generation4, and offer up to 44% faster mainstream application performance compared with the competition, based on CrossMark scores4.
- The 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900 desktop processor provides up to 23% faster application performance than the competition when using Microsoft Excel during a Zoom video conference call6, and up to 46% faster with Power BI while on a Zoom call7.
- Unparalleled connectivity experience with Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite8 is like having a built-in IT expert who is constantly ensuring a seamless wireless experience for the user.
- 12th Gen Intel Core processors are enhanced with support for DDR5 memory on desktop processors, and both DDR5 and LPDDR5 on mobile processors. Intel vPro Enterprise entry workstations also support ECC memory with the corresponding Intel chipset.
- Thunderbolt™ 4 provides a powerful single-cable docking solution to extend a mobile workspace with multiple 4K monitors, accessories for boosted productivity and ergonomic comfort while charging the laptop at the same time.
About Security: The new vPro platform with 12th Gen Intel Core processors offer the most comprehensive security for businesses with9:
- Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT) is the only hardware-based ransomware detection to improve the efficacy and speed at which the latest attacks are detected10.
- New, cutting-edge detector is able to detect living off the land and supply chain-style attacks, called anomalous behavior detection. This detector uses artificial intelligence to profile “good app behavior” and signals when anomalies occur to the endpoint security software – all in real-time.
- New silicon-based capabilities support the next wave of expected operating system virtualization as well as enhancements to Intel chipsets with new fault injection detection to help prevent malicious code invasions.
About the Most Complete Business PC Platform: Intel vPro delivers professional-grade performance with a comprehensive set of capabilities to help protect and manage devices. Now with 12th Gen Intel Core processors, Intel vPro delivers a complete platform portfolio with computing solutions for nearly every type of worker at any business of any size. With increased remote collaboration, multitasking, plus user and IT apps competing for computing resources, Intel vPro is vital for enabling worker productivity and maintaining business continuity.
More than 150 designs across all form factors from top manufacturers will be available this year, combining the security and manageability of the vPro platform and the amazing user experiences of Intel Evo design for mobile.
For Internet of Things (IoT) developers, 12th Gen Intel Core processors based on the Intel vPro platform provide business-class performance, remote management and more. They are ideal for applications in retail, healthcare, manufacturing, banking, hospitality, education and more.
The Ultimate Workstation. The Intel® W680 Chipset & 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors.
Professionals and creators can trust the Intel® W680 Chipset and 12th Gen Intel® Core™ proces-sors for advanced, reliable and secure workstation performance. For the first time ever, this chipset supports Intel’s performance hybrid design: Per-formance-cores (P-cores) to power the most demanding workloads, and Efficient-cores (E-cores) to enable smooth, seamless multi-tasking. For architecture, engineering and construction (AEC), media and entertainment (M&E), financial services and creation, turn to the Intel® W680 Chipset paired with Intel® Core™ processors for powerful, smooth performance, vivid, precise visuals and business-grade reliability and security.
Exceptional Performance, Incredible Productivity
Maximize your productivity, creativity and collaboration. With the all-new P-cores and E-cores, 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors make advanced professional and creation applications smooth and easy, like VFX, 3D rendering, complex 3D CAD, AI development, and edge deployments. The Intel® W680 Chipset maximizes throughput and responsiveness, with support for 16 Processor PCIe Gen 5.0 lanes and increased DMI (from 3.0 to 4.0) connect throughput over previous generation to drive performance without slowdowns.
Easy to Secure & Manage
The Intel® W680 Chipset delivers hardened security and trusted reliability. Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory support minimizes errors and delivers a stable engineering and design platform. When paired with the right Intel® Core™ processors, you can get support for the Intel vPro platform, which gives businesses the tools to manage and secure workstations. Intel® Hard-ware Shield provides an evolving set of hardware-based technologies to reduce attack surface, all while reporting the current security configuration to the operating system. Plus, Modern Manageability with Intel® Active Manage-ment Technology (Intel ®AMT) and Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) enable IT teams to remotely manage thousands of endpoints through the cloud inside or outside the corporate firewall.
INTEL® W680 CHIPSET FEATURES AT A GLANCE
|Support for 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processor||Supports 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors.|
|Intel® Volume Management Device||User-friendly way to manage your storage devices that allows direct control and management of NVMe SSDs from the PCIe bus without additional hardware adaptors.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for SATA storage||With additional SSDs and hard drives added, helps provide quick access to digital photo, video, and data files, and data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for PCI Express* Storage||Enables Intel® Rapid Storage Technology features such as RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 with PCI Express-based NVMe SSDs connected via 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and the Intel® W680 chipset.|
|Intel® Optane™ Memory H20 with SSD Support||Provides performance improvements as well as fast app response times for system acceleration and responsiveness when paired with an Intel® Optane memory module.|
|Intel® Wi-Fi 6E Support||Integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211(Gig+) CNVi solution or Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210(Gig+) solution allowing you to connect up to Gigabit Wi-Fi speeds.|
|Intel® Smart Sound Technology||Integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211(Gig+) CNVi solution or Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210(Gig+) solution allowing you to connect up to Gigabit Wi-Fi speeds.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|USB 3.2 Gen 2×2||Integrated USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 support provides data transfer performance with a design data rate of up to 20 Gb/s.|
|USB 3.2 Gen 2×1||Integrated USB 3.2 Gen 2×1 support provides data transfer performance with a design data rate of up to 10 Gb/s.|
|USB 3.2 Gen 1×1||Integrated USB 3.2 Gen 1×1 support provides data transfer performance with a design data rate of up to 5 Gb/s.|
|USB 2.0||High-Speed USB 2.0 support with a design data rate of up to 480 Mb/s.|
|USB Port Disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature helps provide added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 6 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 Gb/s transfer rates for optimal data access.|
|SATA Port Disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature helps provide added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports.|
|Intel® Platform Trust Technology||Integrated Trusted Platform Module within Intel chipsets, supporting TPM 2.0 standard.|
|PCI Express 3.0 Interface||Offers up to 8 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 16 PCI Express 3.0 lanes, configurable as x1, x2, and x4 depending on motherboard designs.|
|PCI Express 4.0 Interface||Offers up to 16 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 12 PCIExpress 4.0 lanes, configurable as x1, x2, and x4 depending on motherboard designs.|
|Modern Manageability with Intel® AMT and Intel® EMA||Allows hardware-based cloud manageability for your entire PC fleet. Lower Total Cost of Ownership with remote management of devices.|
|Intel® Integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-LM.|
« end of the press release »