« press release »
GIGABYTE Releases 2U Server: G262-ZR0 with NVIDIA HGX™ A100 4-GPU
Taipei, Taiwan, February 19th 2020 – GIGABYTE Technology, (TWSE: 2376), an industry leader in high-performance servers and workstations, today announced the G262-ZR0 for HPC, AI, and data analytics. Designed to support the highest-level of performance in GPU computing, the G262-ZR0 incorporates fast PCIe 4.0 throughput in addition to NVIDIA HGX technologies and NVIDIA® NVLink® to provide industry leading bandwidth performance.
Key Technologies of the G262-ZR0:
- NVIDIA A100 with 40GB or 80GB: 40GB of VRAM with 1.6 TB/s of memory bandwidth or 80G of VRAM with 2.0TB/s bandwidth for high-level computational throughput.
- Excellent GPU-to-GPU communication via 3rd gen NVIDIA® NVLink® with 600GB/s bandwidth.
- Reduction in latency and CPU utilization with Mellanox Socket Direct® technology. In this dual-socket server, a single CPU can access the network by bypassing the inter-processor communication bus and adjacent CPU.
- PCIe 4.0 allows for faster interconnect (compared to PCIe 3.0) and low latency for NICs and NVMe drives via PCIe switch fabric.
Ultra-fast 200Gbps access of GPUs on other servers with RDMA and HDR InfiniBand.
Introduction to the G262-ZR0
The G262-ZR0 offers the highest GPU compute possible in a 2U chassis, and it is built with the latest technology to provide the fastest connections. 128 cores from the dual 2nd gen AMD EPYC processors and 160 PCIe Gen 4 lanes are required for the max throughput between CPU-to-CPU and CPU-to-GPU connections. Inside the G262 is the NVIDIA HGX A100 4-GPU platform for impressive performance in HPC and AI. In addition, the G262 has 16 DIMM slots for up to 4TB of DDR4-3200MHz memory in 8-channels. There are 6 low-profile (Gen 4) slots, one OCP 3.0 slot, and dual 1GbE LAN ports. For drives, 4 x 2.5” U.2 NVMe/SATA bays and 2 x M.2 slots. Powering the system are 2 x 3000W 80+ Platinum redundant power supplies. To accommodate such a powerful system a strong emphasis on thermal design was incorporated and the server was split creating a chamber dedicated to cooling the GPUs, and another for CPUs, memory, and expansion slots.
Remote and Multiple Server Management
As part of GIGABYTE’s value proposition, GIGABYTE provides GIGABYTE Management Console (GMC) for BMC server management via a web browser-based platform. Additionally, GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM) software is free to download and used to monitor and manage multiple servers. GMC and GSM offer great value while reducing license and customer maintenance costs.
- Supports NVIDIA HGX™ A100 with 4 x SXM4 GPU
- Supports NVIDIA® NVLink® technology
- Up to 600GB/s GPU to GPU interconnection
- Dual AMD EPYC™ 7002 series processor family
- 8-Channel RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4 per processor, 16 x DIMMs
- 2 x 1Gb/s LAN ports (Intel® I350-AM2)
- 1 x dedicated management port
- 4 x 2.5″ Gen4 U.2 NVMe/ SATA hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen4 x4 interface
- 6 x Low profile Gen4 x16 expansion slots
- 1 x OCP 3.0 Gen4 x16 mezzanine slot
- 3000W 80 PLUS Platinum redundant power supply
Learn more here.
« end of the press release »