« press release »
EK LAUNCHES EK-CLASSIC WATER BLOCK FOR REFERENCE RTX 3080, 3090 GPUS
EK®, the premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is introducing a new EK-Classic water block, created specifically for reference-design-based NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3080 and 3090 graphics cards.
The EK-Classic GPU Water Block RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB
The new EK-Classic GPU water block is a part of the EK-Classic Lineup, which is directly addressing price-conscious users while reusing some of the key technology solutions and a timeless design that established EK as the market leader in the PC liquid cooling industry.
This water block is purpose-designed with a much thicker 11.2 mm copper base to clear the tall capacitors on most reference design graphics cards. This gives the water block advantage on the market of having a clean design and a wider compatibility list, without sacrificing any coolant flow restriction. The block features additional cutouts on the base to accommodate non-standard fan-headers and additional PCB components that certain reference designs have.
The water block also features optimized flow paths that reduce hydrodynamic instabilities and vortexing (dead spots) inside of them. Additionally, this new design allows the terminal to be screwed directly onto the copper cold plate of the GPU block, making it more rigid and reducing the chances of damaging the water block.
The EK-Classic water block directly cools the GPU, VRAM, and the VRM (voltage regulation module) as cooling liquid is channeled right over these critical areas. The water block is in contact with MOSFETs and chokes to maximize cooling and minimize the chances of coil whine, unlike some products that are currently available on the market.
EK-Classic GPU Water Block RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB is compatible with reference NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090 graphics cards based on Ampere graphics processors.
- EMTEK GeForce RTX 3080 Black Edition OC
- Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix
- Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix GS
- Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix
- Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix GS
- GALAX GeForce RTX 3080 EX Gamer
- GALAX GeForce RTX 3090 EX Gamer
- GALAX GeForce RTX 3080 SG 10GB
- GALAX GeForce RTX 3090 SG 24GB
- KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 EX Gamer
- KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 EX Gamer
- KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 SG 10GB
- KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 24GB
- KUROUTOSHIKOU GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GALAKURO (GG-RTX3090-E24GB/TP)
- Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro (NED3080019IA-132AA)
- Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro OC (NED3080S19IA-132AA)
- Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro (NED3090019SB-132BA)
- Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro OC (NED3090S19SB-132BA)
- PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG308010TFXPPB)
- PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG309024TFXPPB)
- PNY GeForce RTX 3090 OC XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG309024TFXMPB)
D-RGB Lighting on EK-Classic GPU Water Block RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB
The water block is compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 3-pin D-RGB LED connector should be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB (addressable) header.
Backplate for the EK-Classic RTX 3080/3090 Water Block
EK recommends purchasing a retention backplate, which improves the overall aesthetics of your graphics card and provides additional passive cooling for the GPU core, VRAM on the 3090 cards, and backside of the printed circuit board VRM section.
Availability and Pricing
The EK-Classic GPU Water Block RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB full-cover water block is available for order in the EK Online Store and through the dedicated reseller network. In the table below, you can see the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP).
- EK-Classic GPU Water Block RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB 129,90 €
- EK-Classic GPU Backplate RTX 3080/3090 – Black 31,90 €
« end of the press release »