Xiaomi updates its premium notebook portfolio
Chinese smart device manufacturer has unveiled its new version of the Mi Notebook Pro X laptop series.
Xiaomi has updated the offer with a new GPU option: the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU. This Ampere GA107 based GPU offers 2560 CUDA cores alongside 80 Tensor cores and 20 RT cores. This is the first XX50 series GPU to offer raytracing as well as NVIDIA DLSS hardware acceleration.
The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro X features the exact same specs as the model released in back March. It’s a premium design with CNC-cut aluminum chassis, relatively low weight (1.9 kg), and a gorgeous screen.
Xiaomi laptop is one of the few laptops currently available with a 3.5K OLED screen. With a resolution of 3452×2160 pixels, the same resolution as Dell XPS 13 series except in 15-inch size. This 16:10 screen provides more screen estate and a better screen-to-body ratio, in this case, 91%. This OLED screen only 60 Hz, so it is unlikely to support variable refresh rate. It is not a gaming laptop though, Xiaomi was clearly focusing on the quality rather than performance, which is why this screen offers 100% sRGB and DCI-P3 coverage, local dimming as well as 600 nits of peak brightness.
The laptop is equipped with Intel up to quad-core 11th Gen Core Tiger Lake-H35 CPU the Core i7-11370H boosting up to 4.8 GHz. There is also a Core i5-11300H option with a 400 MHz lower boost clock. The new version only launches with GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, there is no 3050 non-Ti option here.
In terms of connectivity, there is a USB Type-C port, Thunderbolt 4, two USB-A ports, and HDMI 2.1. Some of those features are nowhere to be found on the much more expensive Dell XPS series.
The Xiaomi MI Notebook Pro X will launch on July 9 in China exclusively. It will cost either 7999 RMB (1238 USD) for the i5 version or 9999 RMB (1549 USD) for the Core i7-equipped model. Historically speaking, Xiaomi does not sell those laptops outside China, but they are not really that hard to import. A very similar model, except with a low-end GeForce MX450 GPU has recently been tested by TechTablets. Xiaomi also offers Ryzen-based Xiaomi Mi Notebook series, which have no discrete GPU.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro X 15 (2021) Specifications:
- 15.6-inch (3456 × 2160 pixels) 3.5k OLED Super Retina display with 100% sRGB and sRGB DCI-P3 color gamut, 600 nits peak brightness, DC dimming, 1ms fast response, 60Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 3.3GHz 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11370H (4.8GHz) / 3.1GHz i5-11300H processor (4.4GHz) with Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 4GB GDDR6 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Notebook GPU Max-Q with Dynamic Boost
- 16GB / 32GB LPDDR4x 4266MHz RAM, 512GB / 1TB PCIe SSD
- Windows 10 Home
- 720p webcam
- Fingerprint power key
- Full-size backlit keyboard, 1.5mm key travel, 125mm × 81.6mm, PTP trackpad
- Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, 1 x USB-C for charging and data transmission, Thunderbolt 4 x 1, HDMI 2.1 x 1, USB-A 3.2 Gen2 x 2
- Dimensions:3 48.9 x 240.2 x 17.5~18.47mm; Weight: 1.9kg
- 3.5mm headphone / microphone jack, Audio by Harman, 2W x 2+1W x 2 sound system, DTS Audio, 2 x 2 microphone array
- 80Wh battery with 130W Type-C fast charging of 50% in 25 minutes in shut down, up to 11.5h local video playback
Source: Android Authority