GPU-Z gets a long list of updates
The most popular graphics card tool now offers support for Radeon RX 6600 XT GPU.
Among many changes, the new TechPowerUP GPU-Z mainly focuses on recent AMD and NVIDIA GPU launches. The tool now supports a full range of NVIDIA CMP HX mining cards, RTX Ampere workstation cards, and recently launched RTX 3050 Laptop GPU. The soon-to-release Radeon RX 6600 XT is now also supported by the tool, alongside Radeon PRO W6800 and W6600 workstation cards.
GPU-Z will now recognize Windows 11 operating system and verify if the graphics card driver conforms to the WDDM 3.0 standard. Additionally, the tool received an update for Navi GPUs, which will now show GPU clocks in the Advanced tab, regardless if clocks are reported as 0.
A very interesting update has also been introduced to the Texture Mapping Unit calculation algorithm. Many leaks featuring the unreleased graphics cards and GPU-Z software often showed a wrong TMU count. The 2.41.0 version will solve this issue by introducing a new estimation algorithm for upcoming NVIDIA GPUs (including unreleased Ampere and upcoming Ada Lovelace). Finally, a small but important update is the new tooltip translation for Chinese users.
The software is now available for download from the link below.
TechPowerUP GPU-Z 2.41.0, Source: VideoCardz
TechPowerUP 2.41.0 Changelog:
- Added detection for Windows 11
- Improved TMU estimation for unknown (future) NVIDIA GPUs
- Improved clock speed reporting on professional AMD RDNA2 cards
- The installer will now add the version number to add/remove programs, this improves Winget support
- Always show Navi rated clocks in Advanced Panel, even when some are reported as zero
- Fixed “BIOS reading not supported on this device” on some laptops with NVIDIA dGPU
- Fixed “Lookup” button rendering on ASUS ROG version with non-standard DPI setting
- Updated chinese tooltip translations
- Fixed clockspeed calculation for some older ATI cards (Radeon DDR / 7200 DDR)
- Added die size and transistor count for AMD Cezanne and ATI R100 & RV100
- Added support for AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Pro W6800, W6600, Radeon HD 7660G (AMD R-464L APU)
- Added support for NVIDIA CMP 90HX, 50HX, 40HX, 30HX, T1000, T400, A100-SXM-80 GB, A10, A5000, A4000, A3000, A2000, RTX 3050 Mobile Series (GA107-B)