Special driver for Ratchet and Clank from AMD
It took some time, but the game now supports ray tracing with Radeon GPUs. Earlier this month, AMD released a special version of the driver that addressed the ongoing issues with the ray tracing acceleration, but only with today’s game patch is the ray tracing fully enabled for these GPUs. As a result of today’s update, official game recommendations were also updated to ‘reflect’ the update with official AMD support.
In this update, ray-traced reflections and shadows have received visual enhancements. Additionally, a crash that took place specifically when playing the game on older CPUs has been successfully resolved.
Furthermore, several visual glitches have been addressed, including the occasional appearance of corrupted text on waypoints. Visual distortions on UI screens, particularly affecting certain AMD and Intel GPUs, have also been tackled.
Moreover, user experience has been refined with the removal of a bug causing the armor list to jump back to the top after selecting an armor item. As part of ongoing efforts to enhance gameplay, various bugs have been fixed, and stability and performance optimizations have been implemented.
Version v1.808.0.0 Patch Notes
- Enabled ray-tracing for compatible AMD GPUs when using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.10.23.03.
- Visual improvements to some ray-traced reflections and ray-traced shadows
- Resolved a crash that occurred when playing the game on legacy CPUs.
- Fixed corrupted text that could appear on waypoints in rare cases.
- Addressed visual corruption in UI screens that could occur on some AMD and Intel GPUs
- Corrected visual corruption in Newsprint and Home Move rendering modes
- Armor list no longer jumps back to the top after selecting an armor item.
- Various bug fixes, stability improvements and optimizations.
The support for RT has already been demonstrated by CapFrameX, some early benchmarks were shared as well.
— CapFrameX (@CapFrameX) August 9, 2023
Source: Insomniac Games