PowerColor high-end lineup featuring Hellhound and Red Devil RX 7900 gets cheaper
The XTX SKU drops to $899 while XT variant goes for $719.
A coordinated adjustment in pricing seems to be taking place for PowerColor RX 7900 graphics cards, primarily impacting their custom variants. The flagship model, RX 7900 XTX, is presently being sold at a price of $899 for both the Hellhound and Red Devil models, with the latter being perceived as the higher-end option. This is the first time the Red Devil 7900 series has reached this price point.
RX 7900 XTX
- PowerColor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil: $899 (-$130) [Amazon] (Update: back to original price)
- PowerColor RX 7900 XTX Hellhound: $899 (-$50) [Amazon]
- PowerColor RX 7900 XTX Hellhound: $889 (-$60) [Newegg]
RX 7900 XT
- PowerColor RX 7900 XT Red Devil: $719 (-$180) [Amazon] (Update: back to original price)
- PowerColor RX 7900 XT Hellhound: $719 (-$80) [Newegg]
The Hellhound models can be found at this price on Newegg, while Amazon has taken the lead by offering discounts on the Red Devil series. What is evident is that this new pricing has come into effect today, and it remains uncertain whether other board partners will follow suit by introducing lower prices as well.
It’s possible that PowerColor is simply testing the waters with these new prices or that this is a limited-time offer that could disappear just as swiftly. Nonetheless, this represents a milestone as it signifies the high-end models from one of the primary AMD partners breaking through another pricing barrier.