Liquid Devil now officially
Today PowerColor has officially launched its most high-end Radeon RX 7000 GPU yet.
There are no specs available yet, but the official PowerColor website has now confirmed the design of the new card along with some basic facts. This is the first, and thus far the only Radeon RX 7000 GPU from PowerColor designed for liquid cooling.
The Liquid Devil has no hybrid cooler, but relies on a custom waterblock designed by EK. This means that the card cannot be used without a liquid cooling already preinstalled in the system. The waterblock has a custom Liquid Devil logo as well as RGB LED lighting, which is controlled by PowerColor own software. Furthermore, we now have a confirmation that the design is a single-slot, so in that sense, it is thinner than ASRock RX 7900XTX Aqua model dual-slot model.
The company has now confirmed RX 7900 XTX SKU, so the full Navi 31 GPU based on RDNA3 architecture paired with 24GB of GDDR6 memory. There is no mention of the 7900 XT model yet.
Furthermore, there are also new photos from German tech media PCMasters, who had received a test unit as well. These photos confirm that Liquid Devil indeed has three 8-pin power connectors and the I/O bracket has only one slot height.
PowerColor Liquid Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX guarantees to deliver the ultimate overclocking performance for gaming enthusiasts.
- Nickel-Plated Base: The Liquid Devil features a precisely engineered nickel-plated copper base that maximizes heat transfer efficiency
- High Quality PCB Design and Power Delivery: A premium 14-layer high TG PCB Board -including a 2 oz power layer- is used in Liquid Devil to push performance to its limit.
- Dual BIOS: OC/Unleash: OC for ultra-performance with a more balanced energy consumption; and for those who dare, Unleash mode for the highest clocks and break records.
- RGB: RGB lighting effects on Liquid Devil RX 7900 XTX can be fully customized through the PowerColor Devil Zone RGB software.
- EK-Loop Leak Tester Flex: PowerColor Liquid Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX comes with a set of EK-Loop Leak Tester Flex and a small pump, allowing user to test possible leaks on their own in a fast and safe way.
Unfortunately, there re no clocks or board power specs available at this moment. The review samples are still under embargo, so no performance evaluations are public yet. However, we expect this to change very soon.
Update: PowerColor confirmed to VideoCardz that Liquid Devil will be available next week.
Source: PowerColor, PCMasters