One Xplayer console is an ultra-premium handheld console
New gaming equipment enters the state.
One Netbook Technology has just announced its Intel Tiger Lake-based handheld console that features a high-resolution screen, so far not to be seen on such a small gaming device. The device will be offered in three variants, each with a different model of Tiger Lake CPU and storage capacity.
The Ultimate Edition will get a Core i7-1185G7 processor and either 1TB or 2TB of storage. This model will cost 1,499 USD/1,250 EUR, which is a 100 USD early bird special discount during the Indiegogo campaign. A cheaper model with a Core i7-1165G7 CPU called “Pro Edition” will offer 0.5/1TB/2TB of storage and it will cost 959 USD/798 USD during the campaign, which is a 17% reduction compared to the retail price of 1,159 USD. The cheapest model called “Standard Edition” is equipped with a Core i5-1135G7 processor and up to 1TB of storage. This model will cost 819 USD/682 EUR, which is 22% cheaper than the retail price of 1059 USD.
The high-definition screen is definitely one of the most important upgrades for the One-Netbook handheld console offer (the company has already released similar devices). Obviously, this console is not meant to be played at 2560×1600 resolution, because it would significantly affect the framerate and battery life. An 8.4-inch screen should be good at 1280×800 resolution, which is half of the native resolution and the same resolution as Aya Neo or Nintendo Switch. This is also the resolution that the company advertises in gaming performance (see below).
One of the most interesting features of Xplayer is the external GPU support. Marketing materials suggest that this device can be paired with GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics, which is not something we see every day, but at the same time, it raises the question of why would handheld consoles even need an external GPU.
Another interesting feature is the Turbo button. There is a separate button dedicated to increasing power limits from default 20W (PL1) and 35W (PL2) to 28W and 40W respectively. It should be an interesting feature for those who play with the power cable attached.
On paper, the device looks great, but there are a few things to consider. We do not encourage our readers to preorder hardware, especially from companies that were founded only 4 years ago. While it is indeed an interesting device, it has only been shown on paper and in official photoshoots. So far no public review has been released yet, although One-Netbook do host public demos in China.
Potential Indiegogo backers should also take note of this device’s size and weight. This is a much bigger handheld console than Nintendo Switch (more than twice as heavy) and it is even thicker and wider than Aya Neo, which is not exactly a pocket device.
One Xplayer will enter mass production in June with the first batch shipment expected between June to July. That’s quite fast considering how complicated such small devices can be. For sure, it’s a lot sooner than the potential Nintendo Switch successor.
|Handheld Gaming Consoles|
|VideoCardz||AYA NEO Founder||One Gx1 Pro||GDP Win 3||Nintendo Switch|
|Architecture||Intel Tiger Lake||AMD Zen2 (Renoir)||Intel Tiger Lake||Intel Tiger Lake||ARM Cortex|
|Ryzen 5 4500U||Core i7-1160G7||Core i7-1165G7/i5-1135G7*||NVIDIA Tegra X1|
|SoC CPU||4C/8T * 4.2*, 4.7**, 4.8*** GHz||6C/6T @ 4.0 GHz||4C/8T @ 4.4 GHz||4C/8T @ 4.7 GHz/4.2 GHz*||4x A57 + 4x A53|
|SoC GPU||Xe-LP (Iris) 96 EUs @ 1.35 GHz||AMD Radeon Vega 6 @ 1.5 GHz||Intel Xe (96 EU) @ 1.3 GHz||Intel Xe (96/80* EU) @ 1.3 GHz||NVIDIA Maxwell 256 CUDA|
|Memory||16GB DDR4-LPDDR4X-4266||16GB DDR4-LPDDR4X-4266||16GB LPDDR4X-4266||16GB LPDDR4X-4266||4GB|
|Storage||512GB*, 1TB **, 2TB *** NVMe SSD||512 GB / 1TB * NVMe SSD||512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD||m.2 2280 PCIe NVMe SSD||32GB|
|Display||8.4″ 2560×1600 IPS||7″ 1280×800 IPS||7″ 1920×1200 IPS||5.5″ 1280×720||6.2″ 1280×720|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5, USB 4.0 x2||WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2||WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, SIM||WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac,|
|Battery||15,300 mAh||12,300 mAh||12,000 mAh||TBC||4310 mAh|
|Weight||820 g||650 g||623 g||TBC||400g / 277g*|
|Dimensions||28.8 x 13.0 x 2.1 mm||25.5 x 10.6 x 2.0 cm||17.3 x 13.6 x 2.1 cm||TBC||23.9 x 10.1 x 1.4 cm|
20.8 x 9.1 x 1.4 cm*
|OS||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Custom|
|Release Price||1,059 USD*|
1,158 USD **
1,599 USD ***
|990 USD (8G/256GB)|
1070 USD (16G/512GB)
199 USD (Lite)
|Release Date||June/July 2021||March 2021||December 2020||TBC||March 2017|
|* Standard Edition|
** Pro Edition
*** Ultimate Edition
|* 1TB model||* Base model||* Lite|
« press release »
Vancouver & Shenzhen – May 10, 2021. ONE XPLAYER is a powerful new handheld games console designed to play AAA PC-Steam games on the move and that launches on Indiegogo on May 10th.
Developed by One-Netbook Technology, a leading portable computing devices company, ONE XPLAYER aims to provide an immersive gaming experience for gamers anytime, anywhere.
The ONE XPLAYER will be available on May 10th (9:00 a.m. PDT) with super early bird pricing of $899USD on Indiegogo, with retail price expected to be $1,159:
The new console is already turning heads, winning the 2020 Intel Innovation Award at the CTE CEO Summit 2021.
Redefining the Handheld PC Console
ONE XPLAYER brings hardcore gamers an unparalleled gaming entertainment with its powerful specs. At the heart of ONE XPLAYER is Intel’s newest model Core i7-1185G7, with this cutting-edge processor allowing the console to handle AAA titles with ease.
The console features an 8.4-inch Full-HD IPS Display with 2560 x 1600 resolution bringing impressive graphics and taking the handheld gaming experience to a level not experienced before. Meanwhile, the ONE XPLAYER’s large screen with 358 ppi pixel density creates an immersive gaming experience.
The top-grade 3D speaker embedded in the front of the console means AAA soundtracks and sound effects are crisp and impactful.
ONE XPLAYER offers three choices of ROM size – 2TB, 1TB and 500GB – to allow for a large number of games to be stored in the console at the same time.
Ultimate Gaming Experience
ONE XPLAYER is designed to set players free from gaming chairs and provide them with uncompromised gaming experience anywhere they go.
The console features a bracket on the back, which provides firm and stable support for the console when needed. Full-screen games will have no black border in ONE XPLAYER and it is possible to see the screen from any angle.
ONE XPLAYER’s linear triggers also bring players a completely different level of experience in shooting or sports games. Fast-action games such as NBA 2K21 benefit from the linear triggers, which could effectively help gamers up their gameplay.
Inspired by Xbox’s ergonomically comfortable controllers, ONE XPLAYER is dedicated to match and even exceed the user experience on the controllers with the optimized position and arcs of buttons to prevent fingers from cramping after extended playtime. The arrangement and radian of ABXY keys is specifically designed to fit into gamers’ palm.
ONE XPLAYER as a next-generation console delivers flawless gaming experiences to players under various scenarios. ONE XPLAYER has been supported by the leading game publisher Tencent Games during the process of product development and marketing.
ONE XPLAYER Spec Highlights:
- CPU: Intel’s newest model Tiger Lake I7 – The most powerful CPU for gaming
- Screen: 2560 x 1600 – The best resolution compared to the competing products
- Battery: 15,300mA – 40 mins longer in battery life compared to the competing products
- Linear trigger – Features a <wbr />configuration that optimizes gaming experience, especially in FPS
- Double cooling fans – Avoid overheating, reduce the chance of game lag and extend battery life
- Ergonomic design – The curving profile and button design are all made for a comfortable gaming experience
- USB ports: 2x USB4.0 thunderbolt + 1x USB 3.0
- ROM: Available in 2TB, 1TB and 500GB
Pricing and Availability:
ONE XPLAYER is now accepting worldwide pre-orders with a super early bird price starting at $899 for the basic model on Indiegogo. It is one of the few crowdfunding products that are expected to be available within one month time after crowdfunding ends.
- Intel 11th Generation Tiger Lake i7 U-Series Processors (i7-1185G7/i7-1165G7/i7- 1135G7) with Intel 12th Generation Graphics Iris® Xe Graphics (96EU).
- Corei7-1165G7 with Intel’s 10nm + process, with 4 cores and 8 threads, 2.8GHz and RWD up to 4.7GHz.
- The Core i7-1185G7 uses a DG1 GPU based on the Xe-LP architecture with 96 execution units and 768 cores with a GPU frequency of 1.55 GHz and a CPU base frequency of 3.0 GHz and a maximum of 4.8 GHz.
- Compared to AMD Ryzen 7 4800U, Core i7-1185G7 delivers 28% higher performance in daily computing (SYSMARK), 67% higher performance in gaming (3DMARK Fire Strike), and 4x higher performance in deep learning.
- PC-grade turbo dual fans + dual heat pipes for efficient cooling.
- Avoid overheating + reduced chance of game lag + better battery life
- The world’s most superior performance handheld at present
- 8.4-inch FHD full lamination IPS LCD display, resolution: 2560*1600, 358PPI
- LT & RT Linear Pressure Sensitive Button
- Dual vibration motor
- Japanese original ALPS joystick and button
- Frontal dual audio, more direct sound transmission
- Human ergonomic design
- Button design respects the design concept of the gamepad, everything is where it should be
- The boot key and fingerprint unlock integrated design
- Battery: 15,300mA
- 40 mins longer in battery life compared to the competing products
- USB4.0*2+USB3.0*1+Micro SD card (A1/A2)+3.5mm headphone jack
« end of the press release »