NVIDIA confirms DLSS3/2 updates for December
The DLSS 3.0 upscaling adoption is picking up the pace, with 5 new games getting updates.
The company has today announced DLSS3 updates for newly released games and some upcoming titles. Games such as NFS Unbound or Warhammer Darktide are already out with DLSS 3 support. Furthermore, on December 8th, Portal with RTX and Jurassic World Evolution 2 will receive DLSS3 update on the same day.
The last game mentioned in the NVIDIA DLSS article is Witcher 3, the updated next-gen version which is to come out on December 14th. The Witcher 3 and Portal with RTX will likely the most popular DLSS3 games because both come as free upgrades to those who already own the original games.
DLSS 3 Updates:
- Need for Speed Unbound (out now with DLSS 3)
- Warhammer 40,000 Darktide (out now with DLSS 3 and ray tracing)
- Portal with RTX (launches Dec. 8th with DLSS 3 and full ray tracing)
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 (updates to DLSS 3 on Dec. 8th)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (updates to DLSS 3 and ray tracing on Dec. 14th)
NVIDIA is also confirming DLSS2 updates for 5 games. The Marvel’s Midnight Suns has just received a dedicated Game Ready driver with graphics optimizations.
DLSS 2 Updates:
- Firefighting Simulator (out now with DLSS 2)
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns (launching Dec. 2nd with DLSS 2 and ray tracing
- Choo-Choo Charles (launches Dec 9th with DLSS 2)
- Blacktail (launches Dec. 15th with DLSS 2)
In total NVIDIA confirms that 250 games and apps will support DLSS as soon as titles mentioned above are updated or released. It is also worth mentioning that DLSS3 update applies to RTX 30/20 owners as well. The DLSS3 technology stack supports super resolution for pre-Ada GPUs. The only thing that is missing is support for Optical Multi Frame Generation. In other words, DLSS3 update also means support for DLSS2.