NUC 11 Essential up to 4 core Pentium Silver
FanlessTech has leaked the upcoming NUC 11 Essential, an entry-level model from the 11th Generation of Intel’s MiniPCs.
Intel introduced its entry-level Jasper Lake Pentium and Celeron CPUs at CES 2021 back in January. According to Intel, those were mainly targeted at the educational market and Google Chromebooks. The MiniPCs were to receive Jasper Lake later, which is now confirmed by FanlessTech.
Intel NUC 11 Essential featuring Jasper Lake CPUs is codenamed Atlas Canyon. Those systems are not to be expected till at least the first quarter of 2022, which is indeed a long time from now. Those determined to wait will get a device powered by either 10W Pentium Silver J6005 or Celeron J5105 (quad-core)/J4505 (dual-core). Those processors support up to dual-channel 16GB of DDR4-2933 memory. A major change to the design is the lack of a 2.5″ drive bay. NUC 11 Essential relies on M.2 drives only, but some SKUs will support onboard eMMC storage.
In terms of graphics, sadly there is no Intel Xe architecture on board. Jasper Lake features UHD graphics (Gen11) with clock speeds up to 900 MHz. Unfortunately, there is no HDMI 2.1 output here, so NUC 11 Essential may not be the best choice for a modern media center (HTPC) build.
Intel NUC 11 Essential specifications:
- Pentium Silver J6005 (NUC11ATKPE) up to 3.3 GHz (4C / 4T)
- Celeron J5105 (NUC11ATKC4) up to 2.9 GHz (4C / 4T)
- Celeron J4505 (NUC11ATKC2) up 2.7 GHz (2C / 2T)
- Dual-channel DDR4-2933 SODIMMs, 16GB max
- 1x HDMI 2.0b, 1x DisplayPort 1.4 (HDCP 2.2 support)
- Supports 2 x 4K displays
- M.2 22×80 key M slots for PCIe x4 NVMe and SATA SSDs
- Select SKUs with 64GB eMMC Storage
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX101 m.2 card + Bluetooth v5.2
- 2x front USB 3.1, 2x rear USB 3.1, and 2x rear USB 2.0
- Up to 7.1 multichannel digital audio via HDMI
- 3.5mm front stereo jack / 3.5mm mic
- 19VDC 65W power supply
- External 9-pin front panel header
- Microsoft Windows 10 / Linux compatible
- Three Year Product Life Cycle
- Three-Year Warranty
- 135 x 115 x 36 mm