MTT S70 and S80 get improved gaming experience with 220.127.116.11 community driver
Moore Threads continues to develop better drivers for their discrete gaming GPUs.
The latest driver update from MTT brings a set of new features and enhancements for gamers on the Windows 10 operating system. One standout improvement is the introduction of OpenGL 3.3 support. Even though this API is relatively old, it lacked compatibility with MTT GPUs before.
Performance gains are another highlight of this driver update. Gamers will be pleased to hear that in “Valorant,” at 1080p resolution with the highest quality settings, frame rates have seen an increase of over 40% compared to the previous driver version. Similarly, in “Project CARS” at the same settings, frame rates have improved by more than 10%.
Furthermore, users of games powered by the CryEngine engine can expect substantial performance boosts, with improvements exceeding 40% based on the CryEngine v5.7 Neon Nior Benchmark test when compared to the previous driver version. Even benchmarks like Unigine Valley, running in DirectX 11 mode, have seen score improvements of up to 30% across various settings, demonstrating the driver’s commitment to optimizing gaming and graphics performance. It should be noted, however, that MTT is not providing any framerate, only percent improvements, which may not always mean a playable experience.
Stability has also been a focus of this update, with enhancements benefiting popular titles such as Dark Souls: Remastered, GTFO, The Riftbreaker, SketchUp 2023, and 3D One. These improvements ensure a smoother and more reliable experience for users across a range of applications and games, making this driver update a must-have for Windows 10 users looking to elevate their graphics and gaming performance while maintaining system stability.
The MTT 240.40.0.1 driver brings 20 fixes for reported issues for various issues and the company is already working on 5 other issues which are still to be resolved.
MTT 18.104.22.168 driver fixed Issues:
- Resolved occasional graphical issues when launching “NARAKA: BLADEPOINT”
- Resolved occasional graphical issues near the snow-covered terrain and land transitions in “NARAKA: BLADEPOINT”
- Resolved occasional graphical issues during shooting scenes in “Apex Legends.”
- Resolved occasional inability to launch NBA2K Online2.
- Resolved texture errors and graphical issues during gameplay in “The Crew 2.”
- Resolved occasional blue screen issues when running Valley with DirectX 11 options on MTT S70.
- Resolved occasional screen flickering issues during prolonged runs of Heaven, Valley, and “Movies & TV.”
- Resolved occasional screen flickering issues when running Heaven in DirectX 11 mode with 3840×2160 resolution.
- Resolved occasional system crashes when running Heaven or Valley and entering sleep mode using a script.
- Resolved system crashes when running 3DMark 11 with 3840×2160 resolution.
- Resolved occasional monitor display issues when alternatingly plugging and unplugging two or more Display Port data cable interfaces.
- Resolved occasional blue screen issues when switching display modes to “Computer Only” in DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (MST) mode.
- Resolved occasional failure to wake from sleep in Display Stream Compression (DSC) mode.
- Resolved occasional system crashes during Windows system sleep/wake stress testing after over 1000 cycles.
- Resolved occasional system crashes when continuously restarting the system with four screens in extended mode using a script.
- Resolved system crashes when using OBS software to capture “Genshin Impact” gameplay.
- Resolved system blue screen issues when playing two AV1 HDR 7680×4320 resolution videos simultaneously with PotPlayer.
- Resolved occasional graphical issues when playing online videos in Edge or Chrome browsers.
- Resolved occasional slow startup of PES Control Center when clicking the installation package.
- Resolved non-combination key becoming a shortcut key issue in PES Control Center.
- “Counter-Strike Online” occasionally crashes when entering a room.
- SketchUp 2023 does not support anti-aliasing.
- When running multiple instances of Heaven or Valley with Windows OpenGL, GPU images may display incorrectly.
- After the system enters sleep mode and the Display Port data cable is disconnected, the mouse may not wake up the monitor.
- When maximized, PES Control Center may overlap with the system taskbar.
The driver can now be downloaded through PES Control, MTT’s graphics control software that also serves as a driver update platform.
Source: Moore Threads