MTT 240.50 driver brings optimizations for a long list of games and OpenGL 3.3 support
Moore Threads released new GPU drivers for their S70/S80 gaming GPUs
Chinese Moore Threads is still catching up to the competitors. With each release, they are offering not only faster but also improved drivers for their GPUs and new games. If the efforts put into optimizing Intel’s Arc GPUs show how long and laborious it can be to get Windows drivers working on brand-new architectures, then Moore Threads is still a long way off.
But the company is moving forward slowly, but it will get there eventually. The newest “240.50” drivers work with OpenGL 3.3 API on Windows 10 (no mention of Windows 11). Worth noting that this API is now 13 years old and the most recent version if 4.6. So definitely sitll room for improvement.
Moreover, Moore Threads announced a massive increase for certain DirectX11 games. For example, PUBG will now run 80% faster than the previous driver release, and GTA 5 will run 60% faster. The company also delivers 60% increase in Valorant or 50% in Assetto Corsa. These are just a few examples, but there are many more games that are optimized for popular RPG/MMO games in China.
240.50 Driver Release Notes
- Added support for OpenGL 3.3 API on the Windows 10 operating system.
Performance and Experience Enhancements
- Significant improvement in average frame rates for “PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds” by over 80% compared to version v230.40.
- “Valorant” shows a boost of over 60% in average frame rates compared to v230.40.
- GTA5 with an average frame rate increase exceeding 60% compared to v230.40.
- “Assetto Corsa” exhibits an average frame rate increase of over 50% compared to v230.40.
- “Far Cry: New Dawn” demonstrates a notable improvement with over 30% increase in average frame rates compared to v230.40.
- Optimized gaming experience for “Genshin Impact”
- Enhanced gaming experience for “Crystal of Atlan”
- Improved gaming experience for “Mabinogi”
- Optimized gaming experience for “Dragon’s Nest”
- Gaming experience optimization for “Dyson Sphere Program”
- Gaming experience improvement for “Farm Simulator 19.”
- Gaming experience optimization for “Assetto Corsa”
- Gaming experience enhancement for “Weird RPG”
- Gaming experience optimization for “The Sims 4”
- Gaming experience improvement for “Tropico 5”
- Optimized gaming experience for “Wreckfest: Racing Legends”
- Gaming experience enhancement for “Need for Speed: Most Wanted”
- Gaming experience optimization for “Cities in Motion 2”
- Gaming experience improvement for “Floating City”
- Optimized gaming experience for “Sea of Stars”
- Gaming experience enhancement for “Dungeon Fighter Online”
- Gaming experience optimization for “Volerant” on the Riot platform.
- Gaming experience improvement for “Party Animals.”
- Fixed the problem that when running “Rocky Heroes” to enter the character login interface and slide the mouse to the lower right corner of the interface, the screen will be blurred;
- Fixed the problem that the grass scene of the game is drawn incorrectly when running “Party Animals” at extremely high image quality;
- Fixed the problem of probabilistic game crash when the PES control center floating window is mounted when running Dota2 and the resolution is switched;
- Fixed the problem of crashing after entering the game when running “Aliens vs. Predator”;
- Fixed the problem of abnormal display on the main interface of the game when running “Asphalt 9: Racing Legends”;
- Fixed the problem of crashing when running “Counter-Strike Online” into the game;
Clearly, the company’s goal is to deliver a playable experience across all of those titles. It doesn’t matter if the top-of-the-line MTT gaming GPU is slower than other products; what matters is if it works and how cheap it is. But let’s not forget that the S80 has some pretty impressive specs, including 16 GB GDDR6 memory and PCIe Gen5 interface. Sadly, the card is still experiencing power consumption problems, especially in idle state.