Intel Meteor Lake and Lunar Lake up next
The company confirms its plans for the 2023/2024.
The company disclosed its Q4’22 earnings yesterday and provided an ‘update’ to its product launch schedule. This year alone, Intel will introduce two major product series: Meteor Lake and Emerald Rapids.
Intel did not confirm whether Meteor Lake launch will focus on mobile or desktop products right now, but given the rumors about the potential Raptor Lake-S refresh coming around the same time, the desktop platform may have to wait for a major update next year. Officially Meteor Lake launches in the second half of this year, so even after claiming that Meteor Lake is ‘production ready’, the company is not ready to discuss quarters.
Furthermore, Intel reiterates its plans for Lunar Lake, the upcoming product for low-power laptops. These CPUs are likely to be offered alongside more capable Meteor Lake CPUs while succeeding Alder Lake-N which only had its debut earlier this month.
Following a long-delayed launch of Sapphire Rapids Xeon data-center CPUs and the upcoming February Xeon workstation launch, Intel ‘speeds up’ its Emerald Rapids launch to the second half of this year. However, technically speaking, this product is already delayed from its original late 2022 plans.
Intel’s upcoming products:
- February 8th, 2023 → (CPU) Intel “Raptor Lake” 13th Gen Core Mobile [official]
- February 15th 2023 → (CPU) Intel Sapphire Rapids Workstation [official]
- Q3 2023 → (GPU) Intel Alchemist+ [rumored]
- Q3 2023 → (CPU) Intel Raptor Lake Refresh [rumored]
- 2H 2023 → (CPU) Intel Meteor Lake [official]
- 2H 2023 → (CPU) Emeralds Rapids [official]
- 2024 → (CPU) Lunar Lake [official]
- 2024 → (GPU) Arc Battlemage [official]
- 2024 → (CPU) Granite/Sierra [official]
- 2025+ → (GPU) Arc Celestial [expected]
- 2026+ → (GPU) Arc Druid [expected]
Intel did not discuss any of the rumored client products that were mentioned by leaked roadmaps recently. This is primarily desktop Raptor Lake Refresh CPUs and Alchemist+ GPUs. All speculation considered, such products should launch between Q3/Q4 this year.