Intel launches its first desktop Arc graphics
Today Intel introduces Arc A380, its first desktop graphics card based on Xe-HPG architecture. This model features 8 Xe-Cores, which is the full configuration of the ACM-G11 GPU.
The A380 will ship with 2000 MHz base clock and 75W TDP by default. It comes with 6GB GDDR6 memory clocked at 16 Gbps. Therefore, compared to the mobile ACM-G11 GPUs, the desktop variant gets full 96-bit memory bus, and higher memory bandwidth of 192 GB/s.
There is no doubt that A380 is an entry-level GPU, but still advertised as gaming capable. Intel provided as set of gaming benchmark claiming that 1080p gaming at 60 FPS with medium settings is possible in popular (so less demanding) titles.
Officially the Arc A380 is priced at 1030 yuan with VAT (there is no official MSRP for other regions, but that’s around 153 USD). Intel claims that Arc A380 is up to 25% faster than Radeon RX 6400 but in relation to its price (1030 CNY vs 1199 CNY). This is, by the way, AMD’s slowest ‘gaming’ graphics card.
|Intel Desktop ARC Alchemist Series Specifications|
|VideoCardz.com||Arc A770||Arc A750||Arc A580||Arc A380||Arc A310|
|MSRP||TBC||TBC||TBC||1030 CNY (~153 USD)||TBC|
« press release »
Intel Arc A380 Graphics Available in China
New Intel Arc A380 graphics brings next-generation technologies to mainstream gamers and content creators.
Intel has announced the availability of the Intel® Arc™ A380 graphics processing unit (GPU), the first of its Arc A-series 3 graphics desktop products, providing mainstream gamers and content creators with a new option. The Intel Arc A380 GPU, with 6GB of GDDR6 to support the latest games, will be available from desktop PC ecosystem partners Acer, ASUS, Gigabyte, GUNNIR, HP, and MSI starting this month. The release will begin in China and expand globally during the summer.
Intel Arc A-series 3 graphics desktop products represent the next step in Intel’s journey to bring discrete graphics to market. They are Intel’s first fully featured desktop cards based on the Intel® Xe High Performance Graphics (Xe HPG) microarchitecture.
Intel Arc A-series 3 graphics brings next-generation technologies to mainstream gamers and creators with the most complete technology feature set in this market segment, ready for next-generation workloads:
- The Intel Arc A380 GPU supports the full set of DirectX 12 Ultimate features, including hardware accelerated ray tracing, and delivers fluid 1080p gaming experience at 60 frames per second (FPS) and above with popular titles like League of Legends, Moonlight Blade, Naraka: Bladepoint, and PUBG: Battlegrounds.
- Intel® Xe Matrix Extensions (Intel® XMX) AI acceleration engines enable faster content creation and power Intel’s AI-based super sampling technology, XeSS, which arrives this summer.
- The Xe Media Engine enables the future of video processing with industry-first hardware AV1 encoding acceleration, also supports HEVC and H.264 encode and decode, and is capable of 8K resolution media processing.
- The Xe Display Engine supports up to four 4K 120Hz HDR displays, up to two 8K 60Hz displays, or up to 360Hz for 1080p and 1440p resolutions.
- Intel® Deep Link technologies harness the power of Intel® CPUs and GPUs to unleash new levels of performance and efficiency across a variety of workloads1.
Intel Arc A380 GPUs will be available in China this month through system builders and then as components by original equipment manufacturers, followed shortly by system and component sales in other regions. The Intel Arc A380 GPU, with a recommended customer price of 1,030 yuan including VAT, delivers up to 25% better performance per yuan2 than available competitive offerings as measured by performance on a selection of popular games.
« end of the press release »