Intel Arc Control updates
Intel has just released a new GPU driver for Arc GPUs series.
The 220.127.116.1177 driver is not a massive update for gaming experience, it is, however, a big improvement for the bundled software. In this case, it’s Arc Control, which has recently been fused with the driver and no longer requires a separate download and installation.
Compared to the 3276 driver, which is barely a week old, Intel is not adding any game fixes. However, it has a long list of known Arc Control issues that have now been resolved. Therefore, for all those who are just primarily playing on Arc GPU, not necessarily overclocking their A380 GPU (the only available desktop model), this driver is not necessarily an important update. At least it is not listed as BETA.
What exactly was fixed in this release:
- Attempting to modify certain fields in Arc Control using keyboard inputs may intermittently not register entries.
- Arc Control may exhibit an application soft-hang when attempting to open on certain system configurations.
- Arc Control Game Profiles may erroneously display a default placeholder image for certain game titles
Intel® Arc™ Control Performance Tuning (BETA):
- Adjusting the GPU Voltage Offset slider to the maximum value may incorrectly display unintended decimal values.
- VRAM Effective Frequency metric in Arc Control Telemetry incorrectly displays the value in GHz.
- Some Performance Graphs viewed within the In-Game overlay may incorrectly scale and exceed the Telemetry UI.
- After clicking the “Reset to defaults” button in Arc Control Performance Tuning, a reboot is required to fully restore modified performance values to the desired default state.
These are primarily updates to the tuning software that theoretically improves the overclocking experience. This update is not critical for Arc desktop GPU users right now, but it should be helpful to enthusiasts and reviewers later. Certainly, Arc Control tuning features will make more sense once we get Arc A5 and A7 desktop series.
Source: Arc 18.104.22.16877 Driver