GPU-Z update for RTX 40 owners
NVIDIA RTX 4080 is now fully supported by TechPowerUP’s GPU-Z software.
The developer of GPU-Z released a new version of the most popular information and monitoring tool for graphics cards. The just-announced RTX 4080 graphics card is now supported as well as many recently launched RTX 30 models.
Owners of NVIDIA RTX 40 GPUs can now monitor the 16-pin power input through the GPU-Z sensor data. The tool already provides software sensor data for standard PCIe 8-pin/6-pin inputs as well as the PCIe interface itself. This can can help in understanding how the input power is distributed before it reaches the graphics processor.
Furthermore, GPU-Z will now recognize the new RTX 3060 Ti graphics card with GDDR6X memory. This is the latest model that was released last month. Support for various workstation Ampere, Tesla and Kepler based models also added. There is also a mention of RTX 3060 with GA104 GPU.
GPU enthusiast can now submit their RTX 40 GPU BIOSes to the open TPU database, a useful resource for those modifying, replacing or simply fixing the GPU firmware. You can download the tool by following the official link below. If you have GPU-Z already installed, a message directing you to the download page should appear automatically.
GPU-Z 2.51.0 changelog
- Added full support for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
- Added BIOS save/upload support for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 and 4090
- Fixed wrong transistor count on GeForce RTX 4090
- Added support for monitoring 16-pin power input
- Fixed missing memory temperature on GeForce 40 Series
- Fixed crash in Glenfly Advanced panel
- DLSS Scan in Advanced Panel no longer starts automatically and lets you select the drives to scan first
- When the “Stop” option is selected in DLSS Scan, properly indicate that the search has stopped
- The list of Vulkan extensions is now one entry per line
- The list of OpenCL extensions is now one entry per line and sorted alphabetically
- Fixed negative Gather Offsets range displayed as positive integer in Vulkan info
- Added support for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GDDR6X, RTX 3060 (GA104-B), MX750 A, RTX A500 Laptop, RTX A4500 Embedded, Tesla T10, Quadro K5100M (GK104-B)