AMD A620 in Mini-ITX form factor
AMD AM5 systems on a budget may soon be used in smaller computers.
It has been a few weeks since the launch of the AMD A620 entry-level chipset for the AM5 socket. Thus far, neither ASUS, MSI, ASRock nor Biostar have released a Mini-ITX motherboard featuring the A620 chipset. Those were reportedly coming between June and July according to these companies, and it appears that we might have a very first look at one.
The AMD A620 chipset does not support CPU overclocking and does not offer PCIe Gen5 support. The base A620 motherboards also lack support for high-wattage CPUs, but the Mini-ITX board from Gigabyte might fit into the other category.
Gigabyte UD A620I-AX is a budget motherboard designed to support two DDR5 memory modules and one PCIe Gen4 x16 device. The board has two SATA ports and requires 24+8 pin power connectors to work. This motherboard has integrated WiFi-AX and Ethernet port, which might actually be 2.5 GbE. There is also one NVMe M.2 slot with a heatsink.
The company is expected to announce this product shortly. Pricing may be on the higher side, but this should be within $100 which is currently the highest price for Gigabyte A620 motherboards.
Update: Gigabyte has released full specs of the motherboard
- AMD Socket AM5：Supports AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Processors
- Unparalleled Performance：5+2+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution
- Dual Channel DDR5：2*SMD DIMMs with AMD EXPO™ & Intel® XMP Memory Module Support
- SuperSpeed Storage：PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Connector
- EZ-Latch：PCIe x16 Slot with Quick Release Design
- Fast Networks：Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax & 2.5GbE LAN
- Extended Connectivity：DP, HDMI
- Smart Fan 6：Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Q-Flash Plus：Update BIOS Without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card