Gigabyte finally reveals Z390 AORUS Xtreme
When money is no issue you look for the best. This is where AORUS Xtreme comes in. The motherboard unveiled today by Gigabyte is a 16-phase VRM monster with a high-grade audio chipset, three shielded M.2 slots, and two LAN connectors (one being 10Gb).
Officially the Z390 Xtreme aims for case-modders and overclockers. It supports high-frequency XMP memory, has dedicated buttons for CMOS clearing and overclocking (although one would say these are rather standard features now).
Our sources claim that AORUS is also working on Xtreme Waterforce variant, possibly featuring preinstalled monoblock or at least VRM water block (time will tell).
AORUS Z390 features:
- 16 Phases IR Digital VRM Solution with PowIRstage
- Cutting-edge Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe and NanoCarbon Baseplate
- Onboard Intel CNVI 802.11ac 2×2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi with All new AORUS Antenna
- 127dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with High-End ESS SABRE 9018K2M DAC, LME 49720 and OPA1622 OP-AMP, WIMA audio capacitors
- AQUANTIA® 10GbE BASE-T LAN and Intel® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 onboard
- Exclusive RGB FAN COMMANDER and OC Touch for professional casemodders and overclockers
- USB TurboCharger for mobile device fast charge support
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show design, support Addressable LED & RGB LED strips
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ Header
- Triple Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface with Triple Thermal Guards