EVGA has a new BIOS for GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
There’s a new BIOS in town for Geforce RTX 3080 FTW3. The BIOS increases the maximum power limit to 450W. This is a significant upgrade to the graphics card, which ships with a 400W power limit by default. The BIOS is not intended for casual gamers, it is only for overclocking and does not guarantee higher performance.
With a maximum TDP at 450W, the RTX 3080 FTW3 matches the upper limit of RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC from ASUS. Most partner cards are capped at 320-340W, only the FTW3 and ROG STRIX OC offer such a power limit.
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 is a triple-fan and triple-slot graphics card powered by (you’ve guessed it) three 8-pin power connectors. The Ultra variant, for which the BIOS is intended, has a boost clock of 1800 MHz. For comparison, the ROG STIRX OC from ASUS has a boost clock of 1935 MHz. Meaning, both cards are not going to offer the same performance out of the box, but they should theoretically match each other once overclocked.
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 ULTRA (10G-P5-3897-KR) Graphics Card
|EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 BIOSes|
|Version||Default TDP||Maximum TDP||Max Adjustment|
|Old OC BIOS||94.02.26.80.9C|
|New OC BIOS||94.02.26.48.88|
EVGA_JabobF (Jacob Freeman):
Due to many users request, have a new BETA BIOS that increases the maximum Power Target. This BIOS is only intended for the extreme overclocking user and does not have any other changes. Please note the following:
- This update will increase the power consumption while overclocking, and is recommended you have adequate cooling and power (850w+ Gold minimum) when using this.
- EVGA does not guarantee any performance increase or overclock while using this BIOS update.
Any other questions or concerns will be answered in this forum thread only. Please post below your results and feedback!
BIOS Instructions (Windows Installation):
- Download the correct .zip file below for your graphics card below.
- Extract the files to a location on disk.
- Make sure no programs are running in the background, and double click Update.exe
- Press “Y” to begin the update.
- DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!
- After update, restart PC.
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA
NOTE: There are 2 BIOS’s, one is for the BIOS when switched to the normal stock position, the other if switched to the OC position
GPU-Z new BIOS info, Source: bloodshot45