Intel Alder Lake K-series CPUs supported by CPU-Z
The developers of the most popular CPU/APU information software are confident about the names of next-gen Intel processors.
CPU-Z 1.97 brings official support for Intel 12th Gen Core series codenamed Alder Lake-S. The changelog for the new version confirms support for three K-series parts: Core i9-12900K, i7-12700K, and i5-12600K, suggesting that those names are more or less set in stone. After all, developers have without a doubt been working with Intel to bring support for those CPUs to the software.
At this moment it is unclear how CPU-Z will handle the displaying of Performance and Efficient cores present in Alder Lake-S heterogeneous architecture, however, one would guess that those will be treated equally and presented as a single value.
Additionally, CPU-Z now supports reading of DDR5 SPD information as well as Intel XMP 3.0 overclocking profiles
Changelog for CPU-Z 1.97 & 1.96
- Intel Core i9 12900K, Core i7 12700K and Core i5 12600K “Alder Lake” CPUs and Intel Z6xx platform.
- DDR5 memory SPD and XMP 3.0 support.
- AMD Radeon 6600XT GPU.
- Intel Iris Xe GPU (DG1) (1.96.1).
- Improved support of Centaur CHA processor (1.96.1).
- AMD Ryzen 5700G, 5600G and 5300G APUs.
- AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT, 6800 (& XT), 6700 XT GPUs