ASUS Pro WS TRX50-SAGE Wi-Fi unveiled
The first AMD TRX5 motherboards are officially here.
As Gigabyte faced a minor false start last week with the introduction of their AERO D motherboard, both ASRock and ASUS have now also unveiled their Threadripper 7000 motherboards, featuring the SP6 socket (LGA4844). The TRX50 series is primarily intended for the High-End Desktop (HEDT) market, but with non-PRO Threadripper CPUs price tags, one may consider these motherboards as luxury items.
Professionals and advanced users looking to build capable compute farms now have the ASUS TRX50 SAGE motherboard as an option. It can accommodate the flagship 96-core Threadripper 7000 PRO CPU and offers a generous five PCIe slots, with three of them supporting the Gen5 x16 interface. This motherboard boasts 10Gb and 2.5GB Ethernet ports and even incorporates support for SlimSAS NVMe technology.
Notably, the board is furnished with a 36-phase VRM design, complemented by two fans on each side. It also caters to four DDR5 memory slots with error correction support.
As of now, ASUS has yet to disclose the complete specifications for the board. However, with the AMD TR 7000 launch scheduled for November, we anticipate that these details will be revealed in due course. Additionally, we can expect more photos to be unveiled later; currently, only the two images posted above are accessible.
- AMD SP6 socket supports up to 96-core CPUs: Ready for AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ PRO 7000 Series Processors and AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7000 Series Processors.
- CPU and memory overclocking: Support for up to 1TB ECC R-DIMM DDR5 memory modules (1DPC)
- Robust power and thermal design: 36 power stages with two 8-pin power connectors for the CPU, massive VRM cooling, chipset and M.2 heatsinks, and M.2 thermal pad.
- Ultrafast connectivity: three PCIe® 5.0 x16 slots, 10 Gb & 2.5 Gb LAN ports, three M.2 slots, front and rear USB 20Gbps Type-C® and SlimSAS NVMe support.
- Server-grade IPMI remote management: hardware and software support for ASUS IPMI expansion cards, plus ASUS Control Center Express software for real-time monitoring and management
- Trusted stability: Validated for extensive compatibility with the latest technologies, an expansive QVL list, and tested for 24/7 operation