ASUS quietly adds the fastest Radeon RX graphics card to its lineup.
ASUS announces Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics card
At launch only reference models are to be released by AIBs thus so far we have only seen cards with the same AMD-designed cooling solution.
ASUS Radeon RX 6900 XT (RX6900XT-16G) is a triple-fan and 2.5-slot design that measures 26.67 cm in length, the standard size for high-end models. It is, in fact, the same size as GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and GTX 1080 Ti. AMD suggests that since those cards are of the same size, it would be a perfect opportunity to upgrade to either the Radeon RX 6800 or RX 6900 series.
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT features Navi 21 XTX GPU with its all 80 Compute Units enabled. This gives a total of 5120 Stream Processors and up to 23 TFLOPs of raw single-precision performance. Compared to the RX 6800 XT graphics card this model will also feature 8 more Ray Accelerators (80 in total), which are specialized units to handle hardware-acceleration for ray tracing.
Apart from a different GPU core configuration, the RX 6900 XT continues the RX 6800 XT trend of 300W TBP and 2250 MHz maximum boost clock. Just like the RX 6800 XT and non-XT the next installment in the RX 6000 series is also powered by dual 8-pin power connectors.
The flagship ASUS Radeon RX graphics card will launch at 999 USD. It is unclear how many reference cards will be sold by ASUS though. The manufacturer might prioritize its custom designs, which should be available by the end of this year.
Just a reminder, that the reviews of the Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics card will be published in just 2 days (December 8th at 15:00 Central European Time).
|AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series Specifications|
|VideoCardz||Radeon RX 6900XT||Radeon RX 6800XT||Radeon RX 6800|
|GPU||Navi 21 XTX||Navi 21 XT||Navi 21 XL|
|Total Board Power|
|Release Date||December 8||November 18||November 18|
ASUS Radeon™ RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 offers colossal performance to rule your game
- AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture elevates and unifies the gaming experience from performance to visuals.
- AMD Infinity Cache is a revolutionary new memory architecture that redefines how to deliver higher levels of performance and efficiency for 4K gaming.
- FidelityFX helps deliver ultimate visual quality with minimal performance overhead, freeing up your graphics card to power the intense gaming experiences you demand.
- New Ray Accelerators, handling the intersection of rays, deliver high performance hardware accelerated raytracing.
- Truly immersive gaming experiences with DirectX® 12 Ultimate.
- Get the competitive edge with lower input latency with Radeon™ Anti-lag.
- Extra performance when needed with Radeon™ Boost.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.