ASUS unveils its fastest Radeon RX 6900 graphics card
Unsurprisingly, ASUS confirmed it will launch Radeon RX 6900 XT ROG STRIX LC, a water-cooled Radeon flagship. The new model will accompany the already-released RX 6800 XT ROG STRIX LC, which debuted last month.
ASUS did not reveal the specifications of the RX 6900 XT variant just yet, but we do learn it will feature three 8-pin power connectors, unlike the RX 6800 XT model which only has two. Otherwise, the design is identical, with a standard display output configuration (2x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.1, and 1x USB Type-C).
The ROG STRIX LC features AIO cooling with a 240mm external radiator connected through 60cm tubing. Keep in mind that each fan requires two additional cables (power and RGB signal), meaning that there four additional wires which are not shown in all photos.
ASUS is expected to launch this graphics card by the end of this year. In terms of pricing, the company did not announce it yet, but the graphics card is not expected to be cheap.
ROG Strix LC Radeon™ RX 6900 XT is a liquid-cooled leviathan.
- Full-coverage cold plate brings liquid cooling to GPU die and memory
- On-board cooling for power-delivery is handled by a blower-style fan and low-profile heatsink.
- 240mm radiator balances compatibility and performance.
- 600mm tubing for compatibility with EATX chassis and alternative mounts
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages.
- ASUS FanConnect II equips a hybrid-controlled fan header for optimal system cooling.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.