ASUS goes EXTREME with AMD X570 chipset
Today ASUS unveiled its flagship X570 ROG Crosshair motherboard.
The Extreme sub-series are no longer exclusive to Intel motherboards. ASUS released its ROG Crosshair Extreme which features all the bells and whistles a high-end motherboard could possibly offer. It will go higher in the X570 ASUS lineup exceeding the specifications and feature set of the Hero and Formula series.
ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair Extreme is an E-ATX form factor motherboard, which is usually reserved for the HEDT series. The board is powered by a 24-pin ATX and dual 8-pin EPS connector, which is tied to a powerful 18+2 phase VRM design with 90A power stages.
Connectivity-wise this motherboard has a wide range of connectors, including high-speed (20 Gbps) USB 3.2×2 ports with support for 60W power delivery protocol. There are also two Ethernet ports attached to 10 Gbit and 2.5 Gbit network controllers as well as the latest built-in WiFi-6E wireless adapter.
The onboard audio is based on Realtek’s latest ALC4082 codec attached to ESS Sabre ES9018Q2C and ROG Clavis USB converters.
The X570 ROG Crosshair Extreme has just been listed by ASUS on the official website, but the listing does not offer any insight on possible availability date or more importantly the price.
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME
AMD X570 EATX gaming motherboard with 18+2 power stages, five M.2 slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector with PD 3.0 60 W support, USB 3.2 Gen 2 front-panel connector, dual Thunderbolt™ 4, Marvell® AQtion 10 Gb Ethernet, Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet, PCIe® 4.0, onboard WiFi 6E and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series, 5000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 3000 Series, 3000 G-Series, 2000 Series and 2000 G-Series desktop processors; also supports up to two M.2 drives and features USB 3.2 Gen 2 and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed
- Comprehensive thermal design: Enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, five M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone.
Robust power delivery: 18+2 power stages rated for 90 A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance connectivity: USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel with PD3.0 60W fast charging, onboard WiFi 6E, Marvell® AQtion 10 Gb Ethernet, Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet, and ASUS LANGuard.
Industry-leading gaming audio: ROG SupremeFX ALC4082 with ESS® ES9018Q2C DAC and the bundled ROG Clavis USB digital-to-analog converter for high-fidelity sound.
- Unmatched personalization: 2ʺ LiveDash OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- DIY-friendly design: Bundled ROG Fan Controller, pre-mounted I/O shield, V_Latch switch, BIOS FlashBack™, M.2 Q-Latch, Q-Code, FlexKey, Q-Connector, SafeSlot and Graphics Card Holder
Renowned software: Bundled 1-year AIDA64 Extreme subscription