ASUS ultra-premium ROG Zephyrus M16 laptop pictured
Photos of the upcoming ASUS ROG laptop have been leaked.
ASUS is entering into a new market segment with its 16-inch gaming laptop design. With no 15-inch version in sight, the ROG Zephyrus M16 appears to be a successor to the 2020 M15 series. Earlier this year ASUS released a ROG X13 Flow with a 16:10 screen, but it’s more of an ultra-portable laptop that attaches to external graphics, rather than a full-fledged gaming laptop. So this would be the first ‘actual’ ASUS gaming laptop with a 16:10 aspect ratio screen, which not only provides more workspace but also eliminates the large bottom bezel. The newly leaked photos appear to confirm that it does indeed have a 94% screen-to-body ratio.
The popularity of 2K screens has grown significantly since the last year. The ASUS M16 screen is of course a bit taller thanks to the nonstandard 16:10 aspect ratio. The M16 will be available with two screen options: either WUXGA which is 1920×1200 or WQXGA (2560×1600). The higher resolution will not limit the refresh rate, it will still go up to 165 Hz on the WUXGA and up 144 Hz on WUXGA. Both panels will be factory-calibrated and offer 100% DCI-P3 color coverage.
|ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 Specifications|
|GeForce RTX 3070||16″ 16:10||2560×1600 (WQXGA) 144Hz|
1920×1200 (WUXGA) 165Hz
|GeForce RTX 3060||16″ 16:10||2560×1600 (WQXGA ) 144Hz|
1920×1200 (WUXGA) 144Hz
|GeForce RTX 3050 Ti||16″ 16:10||1920×1200 (WUXGA) ?Hz|
The screen has a 180-degree hinge. It is actually hard to guess how could possibly this feature be useful to gamers, but should they need to play games with the laptop standing vertically, the support is there.
Another big upgrade is the webcam. The 2020 ROG Zephyrus models did not feature any webcam, which was mocked by many users, while ASUS was convincing customers to buy an external ROG camera. Well, this model finally comes with a webcam that is positioned right above the screen.
ASUS M16 ROG Zephyrus official description
- Notebook with WUXGA Adaptive Sync display with ultra-thin bezels and a 94% screen-to-body ratio, Pantone Validated certified with 100% DCI-P3 coverage and 16:10 aspect ratio that expand your range of vision and action
- Keyboard optimized to be more resistant and silent with 1-zone RGB lighting, Ergolift hinge with ergonomic lift that can be rotated up to 180 ° for playing and working in the best possible comfort
- Performance at a higher level of speed with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti graphics card and the state-of-the-art 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900H
- Processor with the application of Liquid Thermal liquid metal thermal compound to ensure high performance even under stress
- Maximum audio experience thanks to Dolby Atmos technology consisting of six speakers with dual woofers, 3D microphone array and two-way AI system for noise cancellation
- Perfect for those looking for a design notebook, compact and lightweight, which offers maximum performance for professional gaming and work even under stress and with prolonged use
Amazon China who have leaked the photos of the new ASUS laptop currently lists two models with either GeForce RTX 3060 or RTX 3070. ASUS is also expected to launch an RTX 3050 based model called GU603HE. In terms of CPU, there appear to be two options, either Core i9-11900H or Core i7-11800H. Both are 8-core Tiger Lake-H45 CPUs.