ASUS sets the Phoenix free
ASUS has officially released its first Phoenix model based on RTX 30 series.
ASUS Phoenix is a single-fan and 2.5-slot model. This is actually not the first single-fan model in the ASUS Ampere lineup, the manufacturer had already released its Turbo blower-type designs last year.
The GeForce RTX 3060 Phoenix is the shortest Ampere model released by ASUS so far, but not the narrowest. It is, a bit wider and taller than the DUAL series. Phoenix measures 20 x 12.3 x 3.8 cm, whereas DUAL is 17.7 x 12.8 x 5.1 cm.
ASUS has only released a non-OC variant so far. Out of the box, this model (PH-RTX3060-12G) has a boost clock of 1777 MHz (NVIDIA reference), but ASUS also lists OC mode which is applied through the bundled GPU Tweak software. In which case the graphics card can operate at 1807 MHz. This is actually the same frequency as the DUAL series.
In terms of design, it appears that DUAL and Phoenix share the same board layout. In fact, both series even use the same backplate. This also means that Pheonix ships with standard three DisplayPort and one HDMI output. The card is equipped with a single 8-pin power connector.
The graphics card is already listed by some retailers. Swedish Proshop has a price tag on this card of 5290 SEK, which is around 612 USD. The shipping date is not provided though.
|ASUS RTX 3060 12GB PHOENIX|
|Specs provided by VideoCardz.NET Database|
|GPU :||GA106-300||Base Clock :||1320 MHz|
|Cores :||3584||Boost Clock :||1807 MHz (+1.7%)|
|TMUs :||112||Memory Clock :||15 Gbps|
|ROPs :||48||Memory :||12 GB GDDR6 192b|
The ASUS Phoenix GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB GDDR6 brings ultra high frame rates for today’s most popular titles.
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The building blocks for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPUs, the all-new Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency.
- 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray tracing performance.
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such as DLSS. These cores deliver a massive boost in game performance and all-new AI capabilities.
- Axial-tech fan design has been tuned up with more fan blades and a reversed rotational direction for the center fan.
- Dual ball fan bearings can last up to twice as long as sleeve bearing designs.
- Auto-Extreme Technology uses automation to enhance reliability.
- A protective backplate prevents PCB flex and trace damage.