“The Last Of Us: Part 1: Radeon optimized driver from AMD.
AMD decided to release a new driver update early, to help gamers who struggle with performance issues in The Last of Us Part 1 game.
The company is expected to release a 23.4.1 driver early next month, but that update is probably still a few days away, which is why AMD is releasing a new driver “22.40.43.05” today. This driver has game optimizations only for one game and no issues fixed listed.
In case you are not aware, this driver was first distributed to the press, so if you see any gaming comparisons with Radeon GPUs, chances are this driver was used. As an example, one of such reviews was shared by ComputerBase.
AMD is currently bundling this game with their Radeon RX 7000 and RX 6000 series. This driver supports all Radeon GPUs that are typically on compatibility lists, so there should be no worry any popular Radeon GPU is excluded (this includes desktop, mobile and integrated SKUs).
- Game Optimizations for The Last of Us™ Part 1
- High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Video playback using hardware accelerated browsers may appear blurry during upscale on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XT.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Mouse cursor may appear invisible in Citrix Workspace™.
Source and download: AMD
Many thanks to westlake for the tip!