VRSS is supported by the driver–no game integration required–and can be applied to DX11 VR games or application that have forward renderers and support MSAA, and have been tested by NVIDIA. At the time of writing, over 20 games meet this criteria, including:
Download NVIDIA GeForce CES Game Ready 441.87 WHQL
Game Ready Driver Updates
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.
Game Ready for Wolfenstein: Youngblood with Ray Tracing
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for the release of ray tracing and DLSS in Wolfenstein: Youngblood. In addition, this driver provides optimal support for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, Bright Memory: Infinite, and the latest version of Quake II RTX.
Maximum Frame Rate
This driver introduces a new Max Frame Rate setting that allows users to cap the frame rate at which a 3D game or application is rendered. This feature is helpful when trying to save power, reduce system latency or paired with your NVIDIA G-SYNC display to stay within variable refresh rate range. Access the feature from the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Max Frame Rate.
Variable Rate Super Sampling
Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS) is a new technique to improve image quality in VR games. It uses NVIDIA Variable Rate Shading (VRS), a key feature in NVIDIA’s Turing architecture, to dynamically apply up to 8x supersampling to the center of the VR headset display, where the eye is typically focused. It intelligently applies supersampling only when GPU headroom is available in order to maintain the VR headset’s fixed FPS and ensure a smooth VR experience. Enable the feature for over 20 supported VR games from the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Variable Rate Super Sampling.
Eternity WarriorsTM VR
Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
Killing Floor: Incursion
L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
|Mercenary 2: Silicon Rising|
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
Skeet: VR Target Shooting
|Space Pirate Trainer|
Special Force VR: Infinity War
Spiderman: Far from Home
Spiderman: Homecoming – Virtual Reality Experience
Talos Principle VR
The Soulkeeper VR
We’ll continue to test more VR games and add them to future driver releases.
Image Sharpening Improvements
Based on feedback from gamers, we’ve been enhancing the recently released Image Sharpening feature. With this latest version, you can now toggle GPU scaling independent of whether image sharpening is enabled or disabled. Access the feature from the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Image Sharpening
Freestyle ‘Splitscreen’ Filter
Freestyle has added a new splitscreen filter that allows gamers to apply filters to only a portion of the game screen. With the filter, you can split the screen, showcase a side-by-side comparison, or even blend filters using the gradient function. With GeForce Experience installed, press the Alt+F3 hotkey to open the Freestyle overlay from within your game and access the new filter from the ‘Filters’ menu.
33 New Optimal Game Settings
NVIDIA has recently added Optimal Game Settings for 33 additional games, giving you one click setting recommendations for the latest releases. Optimal settings can be applied from GeForce Experience->Games tab.
New G-SYNC Compatible Displays
Our new driver adds support for additional G-SYNC Compatible displays – gaming monitors that deliver a baseline Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) experience that makes your gaming smoother, clearer, and more enjoyable.
New G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitors, TVs and BFGDs
|Model||Size||Resolution||Game Ready Driver Support|
|Acer VG252QX||24.5”||1920×1080||Available now|
|Acer XB253Q GX||24.5”||1920×1080||Available now|
|Acer XV253QX||24.5”||1920×1080||Available now|
|ASUS VG259QM||24.5”||1920×1080||Coming soon|
|ASUS VG279QM||27”||1920×1080||Available now|
|ASUS PG43UQ||43”||3840×2160||Coming soon|
|Dell AW2521HF||24.5”||1920×1080||Coming soon|
|Dell AW2521HFL||24.5”||1920×1080||Coming soon|
|LG 38WN95C||37.5”||3840×1600||Available now|
|LG 28GN950||37.5”||3840×1600||Available now|
|LG 34GN850||34”||3440×1440||Coming soon|
|View Sonic XG270||27”||1920×1080||Available now|
Big Format Gaming Displays (BFGDs)
|LG 2020 BX||55” 65” and 77”||3840×2160||Later this year|
|LG 2020 CX||48” 55” 65” and 77”||3840×2160||Later this year|
|LG 2020 GX||55” 65” and 77”||3840×2160||Later this year|
|LG 2020 ZX||77” and 88”||7680×4320||Later this year|
|LG 2019 Z9||88”||7680×4320||Available now (TV firmware update required)|
New Features and Other Changes
- Added Max Frame Rate control to the NVIDIA Control Panel ->Manage 3D Settings page. Lets you set the maximum 3D game or application frame rate that the GPU will render.
- Updated Image Sharpening controls in the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings page.
• Image Sharpening and GPU Upscaling can now be enabled separately.
• Custom display modes are available when GPU Upscaling is enabled.
- Added Virtual Reality – Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS) setting to the NVIDIA Control Panel ->Manage 3D Settings page.VRSS improves image quality by applying super sampling selectively on the central region of a frame.This feature is available for VR applications profiled for VRSS. See this Game Ready
Driver article for the latest list of profiled VR apps.
- [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Improved image sharpening for Red Redemption 2 in Vulkan mode. 
- [Strange Brigade – Vulkan][SLI][G-SYNC]: G-SYNC is not working properly when the Vulkan version of the game is played in SLI mode. 
- [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.
To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.
- [Doom (2016)][GeForce 600/700 series GPUs]: The game crashes. 
- [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Background apps may close when launching some BattlEye games with Low-Latency mode set to Ultra. 
- [Wolfenstein Youngblood][SLI]: Performance drop may occur when using 2-way SLI mode. .
- [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan][SLI]: The benchmark crashes when played in Vulkan mode with SLI enabled and graphics settings set to Ultra. 
- NVIDIA TITAN Series:
NVIDIA TITAN RTX, NVIDIA TITAN V, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN Z
- GeForce RTX 20 Series:
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2080, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2060
- GeForce 16 Series:
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1660, GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, GeForce GTX 1650
- GeForce 10 Series:
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050, GeForce GT 1030
- GeForce 900 Series:
GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950
- GeForce 700 Series:
GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710
- GeForce 600 Series:
GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630
- GeForce RTX 20 Series (Notebooks):
GeForce RTX 2080, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2060
- GeForce MX200 Series (Notebooks):
GeForce MX250, GeForce MX230
- GeForce MX100 Series (Notebook):
GeForce MX150, GeForce MX130, GeForce MX110
- GeForce GTX 16 Series (Notebooks):
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GeForce GTX 1650
- GeForce 10 Series (Notebooks):
GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050
- GeForce 900M Series (Notebooks):
GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 980M, GeForce GTX 970M, GeForce GTX 965M, GeForce GTX 960M, GeForce GTX 950M, GeForce 945M, GeForce 940MX, GeForce 930MX, GeForce 920MX, GeForce 940M, GeForce 930M
- GeForce 800M Series (Notebooks):
GeForce GTX 860M, GeForce GTX 850M, GeForce 845M, GeForce 840M, GeForce 830M