A project that originated at Kickstarter is finally materializing into a true handheld x86 gaming device.
SMACH Z with Ryzen Embedded V1605B
The handheld console features quad-core Ryzen processor with eight-threads. This is tied toAMD Vega 8 graphics featuring 512 Stream Processors. While the clock speed of Ryzen CPU should oscillate between 2.0 and 3.6 GHz, Vega graphics will clock up to 1.1 GHz. This SoC is designed to operate in 12 to 25W power envelope.
According to the manufacturer, the device should offer playable 40+ FPS experience in some of the most popular titles in 720p resolution:
- The Witcher 3 (720p Medium settings) ~ 40 FPS
- Alien: Isolation (1080p Low settings) ~ 50 FPS
- GTA 5 (720p Normal settings) ~ 60 FPS
- League of Legends (1080p High settings) ~ 60 FPS
- Rocket League (1080p Normal settings) ~ 60 FPS
- Dark Souls 3 (720p Low settings) ~ 40 FPS
The SMACH-Z is not exactly the cheapest console around, the non-PRO variant will cost you 699 USD and the PRO will cost you 200 USD more. You can preorder SMACH-Z starting from today.