Gigabyte quietly announced its GTX 1070.
The differences between GTX 1080 and 1070 XG models are cosmetic. Most importantly GTX 1070 has 8-pin and 6-pin power connector, while GTX 1080 had two 8-pin connectors. GTX 1070 XG also features two additional onboard HDMI connectors for Virtual Reality headsets. That’s on physical side. Under the hood we have GP104-200 GPU with 1920 CUDA cores. The GPU is overclocked to 1695/1898 MHz in OC mode (+189/+215 MHz over reference card), so quite an upgrade over Founders Edition.
Gigabyte GTX 1070 XE features triple-slot and triple-fan WindForce 3X design (100mm fans). The cooler has LED illuminated XTREME GAMING logo on the side and big X on the front. The cooling mechanism supports Fan Stop technology (fans do not spin when GPU has low usage).
Here are the most important features of GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming according to the manufacturer:
- Powered by GeForce® GTX 1070
- WINDFORCE Stack 3x 100mm fan cooling system
- Xtreme VR Link provides the best VR experience
- 16.8M customizable color lighting
- Stylish Metal Back Plate
- Titan X-grade Chokes and Capacitors for Extreme Durability
- Intuitive Xtreme Engine
- Xtreme Care provides 4 years warranty (Online registration required)
- Boost: 1898 MHz / Base: 1695 MHz in OC mode
- Boost: 1873 MHz / Base: 1670 MHz in Gaming mode