NVIDIA has officially confirmed partial specifications of GTX 1070.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Specifications
According to NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 1070 features1920 CUDA cores, 8GB GDDR5 memory and TDP rated at 150W.
Just like GTX 1080, the cut-down version of GP104 silicon will be powered with through one 8pin power connector. GeForce GTX 1070 will also use 5 display connectors including 3x DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0B and Dual-DVI.
The GTX 1070 is also said to have a boost clock of 1.6 GHz. Unfortunately this is where official information ends. It is yet to be confirmed if GTX 1070 has full 256-bit interface and 256 GB/s bandwidth.
Now, assuming that GTX 1070 has 1920 CUDA cores, then it should also have 120 TMUs (CUDAs/16). Earlier leaks suggested GTX 1070 will be powered by GDDR5 memory rated at 2000 MHz. That said, if GTX 1070 was to use full 256-bit interface then maximum bandwidth should be around 256 GB/s.
Update: Full GTX 1070 specs according to TechPowerUP:
- 16 nm “GP104” silicon, 7.2 billion transistors, “GP104-200-A1” ASIC
- 1,920 CUDA cores, 15 out of 20 streaming multiprocessors enabled on the GP104 silicon
- 120 TMUs, 64 ROPs
- 256-bit GDDR5 memory, 8 GB standard memory amount
- Max GPU Boost frequency 1600 MHz
- 6.75 TFLOP/s single-precision floating point performance
- 150W TDP, single 8-pin PCIe power connector
- 3x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0b
- 2-way SLI with SLI HB bridge support
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Specifications|
|May 15th 2016||GeForce GTX 1080||GeForce GTX 1070|
|Architecture||Pascal 16nm FinFET||Pascal 16nm FinFET|
|TFLOPs||8.2 TFLOPs||6.5 TFLOPs|
|Memory Type||8GB GDDR5X||8GB GDDR5|
|Base Clock||1607 MHz||1506 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1733 MHz||1683 MHz|
|Memory Clock||1250 MHz||2000 MHz|
|Effective Memory Clock||10000 MHz||8000 MHz|
|Memory Bandwidth||320 GB/s||256 GB/s|
|Power Connectors||1x 8pin||1x 8pin|