ASUS finally reveals its ROG MATRIX PLATINUM enthusiast graphics card.
GeForce GTX 980 joins Republic of Gamers series with Matrix Platinum. The card features Maxwell GM204 GPU with 2048 CUDA cores. This is yet another fully custom GTX 980 with 4GB on board, and it doesn’t look like NVIDIA is planning 8GB models anytime soon.
ASUS GTX 980 ROG MATRIX has a boost clock of 1342 MHz and memory clock of 7 GHz. It has a modified PCB with 12+2 phase power design advertised as Digi+ Super Alloy Power.
Comparing to previous ROG Matrix installment, the GTX 780 Ti, changes are cosmetic, as both cards look exactly the same. Even the board has very similar layout.The only visual difference is the I/O bracket with more display outputs.
ASUS GTX 980 ROG Matrix is already being delivered to reviewers, so it’s just a matter of time before we see it on the shelves (price is yet to be confirmed).
Matrix GTX 980 Spec Overview
- Nvidia GTX 980 GPU with 1342 MHz GPU Boost Clock
- 4GB, 7010 MHz (effective) GDDR5
- 3 x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, 1x dual-link DVI-I display outputs
- ROG color-coded load Indicator
- ROG Edition GPU Tweak
- DirectCU II cooler with CoolTech fan, 10mm matt-black heatpipes
- Extreme OC Features: Memory Defroster, Safe Mode,
- DIGI+ VRM power control with 14-phase Super Alloy Power and Black Metallic capacitors.