Today Futuremark releases the first Ultra HD benchmark.
Fire Strike Ultra is the third version of Fire Strike. The newest addition to 3DMark family will help you determine if your graphics card is capable of displaying content at 4K resolution. What’s important you do not need 4K monitor. Fire Strike Ultra will render at 3840×2160 only to scale down to your native resolution. The only requirement is that your graphics card has 3GB memory on board.
Fire Strike Ultra is already unlocked for 3DMark Advanced and 3DMark Professional.
|Average amount of processing performed per frame|
|Fire Strike||Fire Strike Extreme||Fire Strike Ultra|
|Graphics Test 1: Tessellation patches||500,000||560,000||650,000|
|Graphics Test 1: Triangles||5.1 million||9.9 million||12.4 million|
|Graphics Test 2: Vertices||2.6 million||3.9 million||6.0 million|
|Graphics Test 2: Pixels||170 million||400 million||1,100 million|
|3DMark Fire Strike default settings|
|Fire Strike||FS Extreme||FS Ultra|
|GPU Memory Budget||1GB||1.5GB||3GB|
|Surface Shadow Sample Count||8||16||16|
|Shadow Map Resolution||1024||2048||2048|
|Volume Illumination Quality||Medium||High||High|
|Particle Illumination Quality||Medium||High||High|
|Ambient Occlusion Quality||Medium||High||High|
|Depth of Field Quality||Medium||High||High|
Changelog (via techPowerUP):
- Added Fire Strike Ultra, a new 4K Ultra HD benchmark test. You don’t need a 4K monitor to run Fire Strike Ultra, though you will need a GPU with at least 3 GB of dedicated memory.
- New design for main benchmark selection screen.
- Improved benchmark logging to assist customer support.
- 3DMark is now more robust when there is a problem identifying or monitoring the hardware in the system.
Professional Edition only
- You can now set command line options within .3dmdef files.
- Minor syntax changes to the .3dmdef definition files. You may need to update your existing scripts if using automation. See Command Line Guide for details.
- Added command line logging options.
- Command line progress logging now includes workload names and loop numbers.
- Removed empty log lines from command line output.
DOWNLOAD: 3DMark (2013) v1.4.775 (techPowerUP)