Club 3D launches Radeon R9 280X and 270X graphics cards. Since their introduction almost two years ago the HD 7970 and HD 7950 have been on top of the GPU food chain and, as a result of the recent price repositioning, are still very capable performers offering great value for money. But now it’s time to announce their successors in the high end, enthusiast segment. A new era in gaming has begun and gamers who demand the best deserve a new class of GPU’s. These GPU’s will carry the R9 label from now on. When you see an R9 card you can easily distinguish it as an enthusiast product.
The Club 3D R9 270X is probably the most important card in the new line-up. The R9 270X hits the gamers sweet spot and is equipped with 1280 stream processors, a 1080MHz clock speed, 2 or 4Gb of GDDR5 memory running at 5600MHz and features our high performance CoolStream Cooling solution. This offers you outstanding performance at 1080p resolution with all the settings maxed out. It fully supports DirectX 11.2, OpenGL 4.2 so the 270X is capable of running all current and upcoming AA game titles with ease. Reaching a 3D Mark Fire Strike score of over 5000 points, the Radeon R9 270X offers you unbeatable performance at this price point.
AMD Mantle: apart from the new cards AMD has a very interesting development up its sleeve! Recently AMD announced project Mantle. What is Mantle
- A new low level programming interface for PC’s
- Designed in collaboration with top game developers
- Lightweight driver that allows direct access to GPU hardware
- Compatible with DirectX HLSL for simplified porting
- Battlefield 4 (the Frostbite 3 engine) will be the first game title to render natively with Mantle on Windows
- Mantle offers superb CPU performance and highly optimized GPU usage
- Mantle works on any Graphics Core Next GPU so older HD 7000 series can fully benefit from the unique mantle features!
- More information about project Mantle will follow in the coming months
Club 3D MST Hub in combination with the new Radeon R9 cards.
None of the new Radeon R9 cards come out of the box with more than 4 monitor outputs. That does not mean the cards support only 4 monitors. With the use of a Club 3D Multi Stream Transport (MST) Hub every Radeon R9 card is Eyefinity 6 capable! Connect three monitors to the DVI and HDMI port, and connect the Club 3D MST Hub to the DP 1.2 output to enable 3 more monitors to be used. AMD Radeon cards are the only graphics cards that support 6 screen gaming, using the MST Hub.