Well, this is probably the way we learned the name of the new GK110 based graphics card from NVIDIA.
The rumor which was floating around the web about a new, cheaper, variant of the GTX Titan seems to find its first validation. The software called HWiNFO revealed in its change log that it will support both GK208 based mobile GPUs and GK110 based GTX Titan LE. The rumor which (as always) started on SweClockers suggested that NVIDIA may prepare a cut-down version of the GK110 GPU for even cheaper model. We thought this might have been the GeForce GTX 780, but apparently the rumors about postponed launch of the GeForce 700 series did in fact cause some changes in the road map. Apparently the cut-down GK110 GPU will be used with the GTX Titan LE. It is believed that the GPU will sport 2496 CUDA cores, with a slightly narrower bus of 320-bit. The card will also have lesser memory buffer of 5GB GDDR5. It is unknown how would this configuration perform in comparison to current flagship GTX TITAN and other cards like GTX 690 and GTX 680. The reason to launch this new card is pretty obvious. The price of the GTX Titan stopped many enthusiasts from buying it (but still lots of Titans were sold). The cheaper variant may bump NVIDIA sales even higher. The exact release date of the GTX Titan LE is not yet revealed, but it’s believed that we won’t see this card sooner than a third quarter of the 2013, probably June or August.
HWiNFO change log:
Upcoming changes in the next release:
- Added support of additional CHiL/IR VRs on GPU.
- Fixed enumeration of GPUs disabled by nVidia Optimus.
- Fixed freezing of Synaptics SMBus touchpads on Intel chipsets.
- Merged and rearranged nVidia Internal GPU sensor with NVAPI.
- Added AMD Radeon HD 7790.
- Added nVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost.
- Added monitoring of D3D Usage on AMD, nVidia and Intel GPUs (covers Direct3D only).
- Improved enumeration of RAID arrays, added RAID status reporting.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on nVidia nForce 790i reference mainboards (Zotac, EVGA, XFX, etc).
- Enhanced support of AMD GCN2 family GPUs.
- Added monitoring support for On Semi NCP81022 on GPU.
- Added nVidia GF119 models: GeForce 705M.
- Added nVidia GK104 models: Quadro K2 USM, Tesla K2 USM, GRID K520, GeForce K2 USM, NVS K2 USM.
- Added nVidia GK106 models: GeForce GTX 760M, 765M, 770M.
- Added nVidia GK107 models: Tesla K1 USM, Quadro K1 USM, GeForce GT 740M, 745M, 750M, GeForce K340 USM, NVS K1 USM, GRID K340, NVS 1000.
- Added nVidia GK110 models: GeForce GTX Titan LE, Tesla K20, Tesla K20X.
- Added nVidia GK208 models: GeForce GT 730M, 735M, 740M.
Download pre-release: v4.15, Build 1895