A new graphics card from MSI was pictures by Guru3D. It’s a Twin Frozr IV model of Radeon HD 7870 graphics card.
This is the first card to feature new TwinFrozr IV heatsink (quite similar to MSI HD7970 Lightning Edition). Card is based on highly modified PCB, which is equipped with GPU-Reactor module – to increase overclocking capabilities.
We know that this card will have MSI Unclocked Digital Power VRM and Military Class III Components (known from other Twin Frozr series).
Card will likely be featuring factory-overclocked setup, but details were not yet revealed.
MSI HD7870 Twin Frozr IV is equipped with four display connectors: 2 DisplayPorts, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI. It requires dual 6-pin power connector.
MSI HAWK Series are featuring:
- APS (automatic control of PWM usage to save power),
- V-Check points (allows user to read the GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) voltage value by multimeter)
- Over Voltage (Teaking of GPU/MEMORY/PLL voltage)
- Enhanced PWM Design (modified power section)
- Twin Frozr IV Thermal Design (cooler and quieter card)
- Military Class Components (longer lifespan and better stability)
Price and release date is not yet known.
- READ MORE (Source): MSI R7870 HAWK Graphics Card Exposed, Feature Twin Forzr IV Heatsink along with GPU-Reactor Power Supply Module