MSI has released few slides presenting their new flagship model from NVIDIA. Card is featuring 1536 CUDA cores along with support for PCI-Express 3.0 and DirectX 11.1.
MSI has equipped their GTX 680 with ultra long lifespan Solid Capacitors. They can be used for more than 10 years without loosing it’s quality.
MSI GeForce GTX 680 is featuring 2GB of GDDR5 memory with an interface of 256-bit. Card is equipped with one DisplayPort, HDMI and two DVI outputs (with a support of 3D Vision for multidisplay use).This model is offering default clocks of 1006 MHz for core and 1502 MHz for memory.
Afterburner Overclocking Utility will allow you to increase performance. MSI released their own comparison where by default card has 2557 points (97.2 fps) in Unigine Heaven benchmark. Overclocking increases this results to 2595 points (103 fps).
According to MSI PCI-Express 3.0 increases performance by 40% in comparison to GTX 580.
[Update 22st March]
GeForce GTX 680 is showing up on multiple listing, including this one: MSI GTX 680 on PCComponents.com, where you can grab it for €492.
Here is the full specification of MSI GTX 680
28nm GPU with PCI Express 3.0
- 1st NVIDIA 28nm GPU.
- Support NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology.
- Support PCI Express 3.0
Afterburner Overclocking Utility
- Support GPU/Memory Clock offset and Power limit control.
- Support in-game video recording.
- Support wireless control by android/iOS handheld devices.
- Support built-in DX11 effect test
- Support 3 displays in full stereoscopic 3D with a single card.
- Support up to 4 displays with a single card
All Solid Capacitors
- 10 years ultra long lifetime (under full load).
- Lower temperature and higher efficiency.
- Aluminum core without explosion
- Product Name N680GTX-PM2D2GD5
- Model V282
- GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
- Codename GK104
- CUDA Core 1536 Units
- Core Base Clock 1006 MHz
- Core Boost Clock 1058 MHz
- Memory Clock 3004 MHz
- Memory Size 2048MB GDDR5
- Memory Bus 256 bits
- Output DisplayPort / HDMI / DL-DVI-I / DL-DVI-D
- TDP 195 W
- Card Dimension 270*111.15*38.75 mm
- Form Factor ATX
- DirectX 11
- OpenGL 4.2
- PCI Express 3.0
- CUDA Y
- SLI Y
- PhysX Y
- PureVideo HD Y
- HDCP Y
- Driver CD Y
- Manual Y
- Installation Guide Y
- 6-pin Power Cable Y, 2
- DVI to VGA Dongle Y
|Unigine Heaven Benchmark|
|MSI GeForce GTX 680||2447 points / 97.2 fps|
|GeForce GTX 580||1753 points / 69.2 fps|
- READ MORE (Source): MSI Slips Out Some GeForce GTX 680 Marketing Material | techPowerUp