VisionTek Products, LLC today announced the North American launch of their HD4670X2 Quad DVI discrete video card, featuring dual graphics processors. The VisionTek HD4670X2 Quad card has two (2) AMD based HD4670 GPUs and two (2) Gigabytes of DD3 memory on board. The vast majority of PCs offer only one PCI Express X16 expansion slot for graphics card upgrades, which limits the options to drive four (4) DVI monitors. The VisionTek HD4670X2 Quad card delivers a design to the mainstream for applications that require the maximum efficiency in a single card.
The VisionTek HD4670X2 Quad card introduces ultimate flexibility in a mainstream card, featuring high resolution 3D visual effects at an affordable price point. “There has been a remarkable increase in corporate and financial demand for multi-monitor 3D graphics.” Stated Mark Bilson, VP of Sales VisionTek Products, LLC “In the past, the only options have been workstation products, but many business applications do not require all the professional features imbedded in these high-priced cards. The HD4670X2 fills a void in the market and will be a perfect fit for many IT professionals in today’s budget constrained corporate environment.”
The HD4670X2 Quad offers two independent AMD based HD4670 graphics processors to drive four (4) monitors in stunning high resolution settings. This design creates a fall back processor in the event that one fails during operation. The design is a breakthrough for mainstream GPU engineering, enabling AMD’s Crossfire support internally on one card via an internal bridge chip design. “We have experienced up to 90% performance increases by incorporating the internal Crossfire design on one card.” Remarked Jeff Hoeft, VP of Product Development VisionTek “The bulk of desktops in the office environment have one PCI express slot available and this single card maximizes the productivity efficiencies by offering four Dual Link DVI outputs. 3D graphics are not just for gamers and we are listening to the requests from IT professionals across the country.”
The HD4670X2 Quad card saves time and energy by providing optimal performance, break-through efficiency and stability. “Our Business Development team saw a void in the market between consumer products and workstation graphics products.” Commented Michael Innes, Chief Operating Officer “Our newest AMD based Eye-Finity consumer solutions require expensive active adapters to drive four DVI monitors and workstation products are typically very high priced. This card fills a void in the market to provide a more affordable Quad DVI product.” The HD4670X2 Quad graphics card is a great option for business users who engage in video conferencing or use creative applications that require multi-monitors, fast frame rates, and exceptional visual quality.
- Two independent Graphics Processing Units
- Two AMD based HD4670 GPUs running at 725 Mhz and 700 Mhz respectively
- Back-up design allows continuous graphics processing, if one GPU fails
- Four independent display controllers
- Drive four displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls and video overlays for each display
- Full 30-bit display processing
- Four integrated DVI display outputs
- Supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to 1920×1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560×1600 (dual-link DVI)
- Each includes a dual-link HDCP encoder with on-chip key storage for high resolution playback of content
- READ MORE (Source): VisionTek’s HD4670X2 Quad Card delivers Power & Efficiency