Galax(y) Hall Of Fame series are always a little late for the launch party. GeForce GTX 980 HOF is no different, as and it took little over a month for Galax to finish the design, although we already had the opportunity to see it few weeks ago.
This new model has triple-fan cooling solution kept in white and silver color scheme. GALAX GTX 980 HOF has a full cover backplate, presumably made of brushed aluminum. This card is equipped with white, fully custom PCB, which features two 8-pin power connectors. Those connectors are the only parts that do not fit to the whole design, because they are beige.
While the Input/Output bracket is not from the reference model, the display output configuration is. GALAX GTX 980 HOF has 5 display connectors, including three DisplayPorts, HDMI 2.0 and Dual-Link DVI-I.
We expect to hear more about GTX 980 HOF soon.
Few hours later GALAX made GTX 970 and GTX 980 HOF official, press release follows:
GALAX LAUNCHES NEW HALL OF FAME EDITION GTX 900 SERIES CARDS
GALAX, a leading manufacturer and innovator of extreme performance gaming hardware, today announced the long awaited successors to the world renowned Hall of Fame lineage with the release of the GTX 980 HOF and GTX 970 HOF. Following in the HOF tradition, each card is factory tuned with the highest core clock in its class. The true dominance of the GALAX HOF Series cards, however, lay in their completely unbridled potential for overclocking.
Only the best of the best GeForce GPUs make the cut for HOF edition products, and GALAX has taken every possible step with their in-house designed white PCB, ultra-premium components and an incredible 7 heat-pipe triple fan cooler to ensure that overclockers’ skill and determination is the only thing standing between them and a new world record. GALAX exclusive Hyper Boost technology acts like a hardware turbocharger, increasing the maximum power delivered to the GPU with the push of a button. Dual BIOS further simplifies the tweaking process by enabling risk-free firmware updates and customization.
GTX 980 HOF:
- CUDA Cores : 2048
- Base Clock (MHz): 1304
- Boost Clock (MHz): 1418
GTX 970 HOF:
- CUDA Cores: 1664
- Base Clock (MHz): 1216
- Boost Clock (MHz): 1380
- Completely redesigned PCB layout from the ground up, optimised for GM204
- 10 layer manufacturing process in HOF signature pure white colour
- Extended PCB width for optimised layout and cleaner signal
- New completely redesigned “Triple Force” cooler
- 2x 80mm fan + 1x 90mm fan
- 4x 8mm heat pipes + 3x 6mm heat pipes (total 7 nickel-plated heat pipes)
- Copper base
- Integrated MOSFET heatsink
- Customisable top HOF LED (control blanking frequency, brightness with GFE)
- Plastic cover with premium die-cast aluminum accents
- Anodised Aluminum Backplate protects components and reinforces PCB
- Next generation IR3595 Digital PWM controller provides 2X switching frequency vs. previous generation
- 8 phase GPU + 2 phase memory power
- IR3555 with next gen DrMOS and 60A output
- Aerospace-grade GALAX Extreme Power Inductors provide ultra-long life, high endurance and low noise vs. normal power inductors
- Hyper Boost technology acts like a hardware turbocharger, increasing fan speed and maximum power delivered to the GPU with the push of a button
- Voltage tool (developed by enthusiasts) allows voltage beyond stock limits
- Hardware dual BIOS simplifies the tweaking process by enabling risk-free firmware updates and customisation
- Prelim internal overclocking results: >1.5GHz on air, >2.1GHz on LN2
Available from all major E-tail and Retails vendors Worldwide.