June 18th, 2012
New GeForce 304.48 Drivers Fixing V-Sync Issue, Adds Performance Improvement
NVIDIA is so proud of their newest drivers, that they even prepared a special charts, to compare the performance with earlier version. Company claims it will give you 18% boost in some titles.
Additionally, GeForce 304.48 driver also fixes an issue with some factory-overclocked cards, which were down-clocked by the driver.
Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 301.42 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 680:
o Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
o Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
o Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
o Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
- GeForce GTX 560:
o Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham City
o Up to 5% in Battlefield 3 with SLI
o Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
o Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings with SLI
o Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2
- Fixes an intermittent vsync stuttering issue with GeForce GTX 600-series GPUs.
- Fixes an issue where some manufacturer’s factory overclocked cards default to and run at lower clocks.
- Fixes a performance issue in Total War: Shogun 2 with the latest game patch.
NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Spec Ops: The Line
- PlanetSide 2
- F1 2011 – updated profile
- Final Fantasy XIV – updated profile
- Saints Row: The Third – updated profile
- Torchlight II
- Tribes: Ascend
NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – rated Poor
- Borderlands 2 – updated profile with new convergence settings
- Depth Hunter – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Mass Effect 3 – updated in-game compatibility message and profile to be more compatible with community 3D mods
- Max Payne 3 – updated rating to Excellent and updated in-game compatibility message to inform users to use DirectX 11, disable MSAA and use SSA0.
- Street Fighter X Tekken – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Tiger Woods PGA 12: The Masters – rated Good
- Tribes: Ascend – rated Fair
- The Walking Dead – rating Good
Other Profile Updates:
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Diablo III
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for L.A. Noire
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Rayman Origins
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support The Secret World
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Disabled FXAA for several Windows programs like Media Player and Movie Maker.
NVIDIA Surround: Surround settings now persisted after new driver overinstall.
NVIDIA CUDA: Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 Preview or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit.
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0604.
- Installs HD Audio v188.8.131.52.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran,
- OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and
- OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.